Wade Commercial Car Company
|Wade Commercial Car Company|
|Seat||Holly , Oakland County , Michigan , USA|
The vehicle had a payload of 800 lb (365 kg). Although highwheelers could usually be easily converted for passenger transport, the calf is only mentioned in the commercial vehicle literature. Accordingly, he had an air-cooled single-cylinder engine with unknown power under the car floor. The power was transmitted to the left and right rear wheel via a friction gear and a drive chain . The wheelbase was only 72 inches (1829 mm).
The vehicle cost only US $ 400 and stayed in production for about a year. Nothing is known about the number of items produced, nor about the causes of the production stop. However, this fell at a time when highwheelers were being replaced by more modern types of vehicles.
Manufacturers of high wheel commercial vehicles (selection)
Many highwheelers were used to transport both people and goods.
- Brockway ( Brockway Motor Company )
- Chase ( Chase Motor Truck Company )
- Cortland ( Cortland Motor Wagon Company )
- Dart, Dart-Lindsley ( Dart Manufacturing Company ; Anderson, Indiana)
- Darts ( Dart Manufacturing Company ; Waterloo, Indiana)
- Galloway T-1705 ( William Galloway Company )
- IHC ( International Harvester )
- Kiblinger ( WH Kiblinger Company )
- Krotz Electric ( Krotz Manufacturing Company )
- McIntyre ( WH McIntyre Company )
- Oliver ( Oliver Motor Truck Company )
- Red Shield Hustler ( Red Shield Hustler Power Company )
- Schacht ( Schacht Motor Car Company )
- Sears & Roebuck ( Sears Motor Car Works )
- Simplo ( Cook Motor Vehicle Company )
- Van Wagoner Electric ( Century Vehicle Company )
- Zimmerman ( Zimmerman Manufacturing Company )
- George Nicholas Georgano (Ed.), G. Marshall Naul: Complete Encyclopedia of Commercial Vehicles. MBI Motor Books International, Osceola WI, 1979; ISBN 0-87341-024-6 .
- Albert Mroz: Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Trucks and Commercial Vehicles. Krause Publications, Iola WI, 1996, ISBN 0-87341-368-7 .
- Mroz: Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Trucks and Commercial Vehicles. 1996, p. 401.
- Georgano, Naul: Complete Encyclopedia of Commercial Vehicles. 1979, p. 656.