Wang Dulu was born in Beijing in 1909 to a Manchurian family. He was self-taught and was a frequent guest student at Beijing University . Wang Dulu was a writer on the Chinese wuxia genre. The wuxia is a genre that deals with kung fu fighters. Wang Dulu was best known for his stories in the 1930s and wrote over 30 wuxia novels. He was known as the inventor and father of northern wuxia literature and influenced many writers who came after him. In his youth he wrote articles for newspapers. He later wrote detective and romantic stories until he started writing novels in the 1930s. After moving to Qingdao , he began to write the then modern wuxia novels ( 武俠小說 / 武侠小说 , wǔxiá xiǎoshuō ) in the early 20th century and was considered one of the five most influential authors of northern wuxia literature ( 北 派 五 大家 ). His most famous work is the crane and iron pentalogy.
In the course of his tough life he worked in various professions. Among other things, he worked as an editor of a small newspaper and as an employee of a merchants' association and from 1949 in Luoyang in Liaoning Province as a teacher at a middle school . During the Cultural Revolution in 1969 he was appointed as teacher in retirement age sent for some six years to "reform" the country. He then moved to his youngest son in Tieling near Luoyang in 1975 . Wang Dulu died in February 1977.
The individual works of Wang Dulu are called: 1
|The crane frightens Kunlun||鶴 驚 崑崙||鹤 惊 昆仑||Hè jīng Kūnlún||Crane Frightens KunLun||Crane and iron pentalogy - Vol. 1||-|
|Valuable sword, golden hairpin||寶劍 金 釵||宝剑 金 钗||Bǎojiàn jīnchāi||Precious Sword, Golden Hairpin||Crane and iron pentalogy - Vol. 2||-|
|Sword power, pearl light||劍氣 珠光||剑气 珠光||Jiànqì zhūguāng||Sword Spirit, Pearl Light||Crane and iron pentalogy - Vol. 3||-|
|Crouching tiger, hidden dragon||臥虎藏龍||卧虎藏龙||Wòhǔ cánglóng||Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon||Crane and iron pentalogy - Vol. 4||filmed|
|Iron Knight, Silver Vase||鐵騎 銀瓶||铁骑 银瓶||Tiěqí yínpíng||Iron Knight, Silver Vase||Crane and iron pentalogy - Vol. 5||filmed|
|-||紫 鳳 鏢||紫 凤 镖||Zǐfèngbiāo||-||-||-|
|-||紫 電 青 霜||紫 电 青 霜||Zǐdiàn qīngshuāng||-||-||-|
|-||河 嶽 遊俠 傳||河 岳 游侠 传||Hé Yuè yóuxiázhuàn||-||-||-|
|-||風雨 雙龍 劍||风雨 双龙 剑||Fēngyǔ shuānglóngjiàn||-||-||-|
|-||燕 市 俠 伶||燕 市 侠 伶||Yānshì xiálíng||-||-||-|
|-||春秋 戟||春秋 戟||Chūnqiūjǐ||-||-||-|
|-||龍虎 鐵 連環||龙虎 铁 连环||Lónghǔ tiěliánhuán||-||-||-|
- Wang Dulu in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Wang Dulu at Hong Kong Movie Database (Chinese, English)
- Wang Dulu - Short Biography (English)
- 黃大平 - "Huang Daping": 《臥虎藏龍》 作者 王 度 廬 的 坎坷 一生 - "Tiger and Dragon - The hard life of the author Wang Dulu". Epoch Times , accessed January 26, 2020 (Chinese).
- 王 度 盧 - "Wang Dulu". In: edu.ocac.gov.tw. Retrieved January 26, 2020 (Chinese (Taiwan)).
- Wang Dulu. In: edu.ocac.gov.tw. Retrieved January 26, 2020 (English).
- Michelle Yeoh Web Theater: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Crane - Iron Pentalogy - Novles by Wang Du Lu. In: michelleyeoh.info. June 27, 2001, accessed January 22, 2020 .
- 民初 舊派 武俠 作家 - "The Ancient Wuxia Novels in the Republican Period". In: edu.ocac.gov.tw. Retrieved January 26, 2020 (Chinese (Taiwan)).
- The Old-Fashioned Wuxia Novels in the Republican Period. In: edu.ocac.gov.tw. Retrieved January 26, 2020 (Chinese (Taiwan)).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||王 度 盧 (Chinese - traditional character); 王 度 卢 (Chinese - abbreviation); Wang, Baoxiang (Pinyin); 王葆祥 (Chinese)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Chinese writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1909|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Beijing|
|DATE OF DEATH||1977|
|Place of death||Tieling|