Werner Fischer (Rector)
Werner Fischer (born November 7, 1939 in Epfenbach , Sinsheim district ) is a German mechanical engineer and university didactic . He was Vice-Rector from 1980 to 1990 and Rector of the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences from 1990 to 2005 .
Fischer grew up in Epfenbach and graduated from the Wilhelmi-Gymnasium in Sinsheim in 1959 . From the winter semester of 1959 to February 1965, he studied general mechanical engineering at the Technical University of Karlsruhe . In 1965 Fischer was a research assistant , in 1966 a research assistant and in 1970 an academic adviser at the Institute for Technical Mechanics and Strength of Materials at the University of Karlsruhe. In 1968 he completed his doctorate . In 1970 he moved to the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, initially as a lecturer, from 1974 as a professor in the mechanical engineering department. From 1980 to 1990 Fischer was Vice Rector, from 1990 to 2005 Rector of the University of Applied Sciences.
From 1982 he was a member of the study commission for university didactics, from 1990 to 2006 as its chairman. From 1990 to 1998, Fischer was a member of the board of trustees of the Export Academy Baden-Württemberg and also from 1990 to 2005 on the board of directors of the Rectors' Conference (RKF) of the universities of applied sciences in Baden-Württemberg. In 1991 he became the founding chairman of the LARS working group (performance incentive systems in teaching). From 1993 to 2007 he was a member of the board of trustees of the Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences. In 1998/1999 he was appointed as an expert in the teaching committee of the Science Council and from 2001 to 2005 he was a member of the Central Scholarship Commission (ZSK) for the Baden-Württemberg Scholarship of the Landesstiftung Baden-Württemberg GmbH. From 1999 to 2005, Fischer was a member of the board of directors of ASIIN and from 2004 to 2007 a member of the board of directors of the DAAD . From 2006 to 2015 Werner Fischer was on the university council of the Karlsruhe University of Education, from May 2008 as its chairman. From 2006 to 2012 Fischer was a member of the jury for the funding program “Competence Platforms” in North Rhine-Westphalia and since March 1988 he has been a member of the expert committee of the Stutensee community and since the end of March 2000 its chairman.
In addition to his professional activity, Fischer was also involved in voluntary work, for example he was chairman of the Stutensee citizens' initiative from 1973 to 1974, founding chairman of the Stutensee-Weingarten social station from 1979 to 1984 and chairman of the FWV faction in the Stutensee municipal council from 1980 to 1994 .
Scientific and journalistic activities
- From 1970 to 1972 head of the Institute for Technical Mechanics and Strength of the University of Karlsruhe (substitute)
- Author of several scientific and many didactic publications
- From 1970 to 1980, worked for Applied Mechanics Reviews
- Didactic research in universities of applied sciences
- 1992 laureate of the International Society for Engineering Education (IGIP)
- 1994 Gold Medal of Honor from the Baden-Württemberg Municipal Council
- 1997 Honorary doctorate from the Georgian Technical University for the initiatives to improve the quality of teaching and to develop the content and structure of courses, as well as for promoting partnership-based cooperation
- 1998 Honorary Doctorate from Nottingham Trent University for his commitment to European university cooperation
- 2003 IGIP Golden Badge of Honor
- 2005 Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2005 Honorary Curator of the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences - Technology and Economics
- 2019 Medal of Merit of the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences - Technology and Economy for its "outstanding services to the development of the university"
- Literature by and about Werner Fischer in the catalog of the German National Library
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Fischer, Werner Hans|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German mechanical engineer and university didactic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 7, 1939|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Epfenbach , Sinsheim district|