After receiving his doctorate , Siebel worked at the Dortmund Social Research Center and completed his habilitation in 1964. In the same year he became a university lecturer at the Ruhr University in Bochum , and in 1965 a full professor of sociology and philosophy of science at the Saarland University in Saarbrücken.
The emeritus professor for sociology at the Saarland University in Saarbrücken was originally Protestant and converted to the Catholic faith shortly before the Second Vatican Council . He was a representative of Sedisvakantismus and took the view that the Papal See since the death of Pope Pius XII. vacant, that is, vacant.
His most important scientific work by far, the book "Systematic Truth Theory", in which he deals with the Pilate question of modern times, namely what truth is and how it can be recognized, was published late. However, it has become a standard work on this subject of epistemology.
In the field of theology, he advocated the traditional doctrine of the purpose of marriage. Occasionally Siebel published essays in theological .
Prof. Dr. Siebel died at the age of 85 on August 29, 2014 in Saarbrücken.
- with Hans Wilhelm Hetzler : Internal functional context and professional qualification. A leading sociological study in industrial equipment manufacturers for mechanical engineering (= Dortmunder Schriften zur Sozialforschung , Volume 20). Westdeutscher Verlag, Cologne 1962, OCLC 310611282 .
- The logic of the experiment in the social sciences (= sociological writings, volume 2). Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1965, OCLC 263626921 (habilitation thesis University of Münster 1964, 253 pages).
- Abortion Sociology . Enke, Stuttgart 1971.
- Freedom and structure of rule in the church . More, Berlin 1971.
- The sacrifice in the new liturgy . Umbach, Kalkar 1972.
- Liturgy as an offer . More, Berlin 1972.
- Introduction to systematic sociology . CH Beck, Munich 1974.
- Basics of logic . Uni-TB, Munich 1975.
- Catholic or conciliar . Langen Müller, Munich 1978.
- The mass offering. Work of our redemption, small declaration of the mass . Petrus, Kirchen / Sieg 1980.
- Domination and love . Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1984.
- The Holy Spirit as a relation . Aschendorff, Münster 1986.
- Philosophy and Theology Karol Wojtylas , collection of articles, published by the Collection of Faithful Catholics in Switzerland - SAKA, Basel 1986, OCLC 17611621 ; French edition: Philosophy et théologie de Karol Wojtyla , une collection d'articles, SAKA - Rassemblement de catholiques fidèles à la foi, Bâle 1988, OCLC 715163668 .
- Systematic theory of truth . Peter Lang, Frankfurt 1996.
- On the theology and philosophy of Joseph Ratzinger . Saka, Saarbrücken 2005.
As main editor:
- Oratorio of the Divine Truth (Ed.): Catechism of the Oratorio. Roman Catholic Catechism and Instruction of the Faithful for Today. 2nd edition, Saka, Saarbrücken 1990, ISBN 3-928198-00-9 .
- See the review by Wolfgang Beranek: On the question of truth , in: Theologisches 28 (12/1998), Sp. 553–557.
- See http://dspace.unav.es/dspace/bitstream/10171/12158/1/PD_I_10.pdf ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Cf. Wigand Siebel: Change of the creed in favor of "orthodoxy"? - The meaning of the "Filioque" , in: Theologisches 26 (6/1996), Sp. 234–240, as well as the common doctrine of justification justified? - Consensus paper on Roman Lutheran ecumenism - , in: Theologisches 26 (10/1996), Col. 415–424.
- See archived copy ( Memento from May 26, 2010 in the Internet Archive )
- See archived copy ( Memento from September 11, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- See http://saarbruecker-zeitung.trauer.de/Trauerbeispiel/Wigand-Siebel
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 4, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Freudenberg , Westphalia|
|DATE OF DEATH||29th August 2014|
|Place of death||Saarbrücken|