Wolf-Dieter Mechler (* 1953 in Hanover ) is a German historian , author and employee at the Hanover Historical Museum .
Wolf-Dieter Mechler studied at the University of Hanover and wrote his dissertation there in 1996 on everyday war life on the " home front ". The Hanover Special Court in action against “ broadcast criminals ”, “black slaughterers”, “ public pests ” and other “criminals” from 1939 to 1945 , the time of the Second World War under National Socialism .
Since then, the employee at the Hannover Historical Museum has published numerous other works , including in the small writings of the Hannover City Archives (see below).
In 2012 he curated an exhibition about the sports club Hannover 96 . When examining the historical photographs and, in some cases, previously unknown documents from the early days of Hannover 96 , Wolf-Dieter Mechler found out that parts of the history of the sports club had to be rewritten.
- Wolf-Dieter Mechler: One shot - one goal. Hannover 96 pictures from the early years , richly illustrated booklet to the exhibition from May 16 to July 22, 2012, an exhibition of the Hannover Historical Museum , Hannover: Historisches Museum Hannover, 2012
- Wilfried Dahlke, Karljosef Kreter , Wolf-Dieter Mechler, Heike Palm: ... more splendid and charming than ever ...: 70 years of renewal of the Great Garden , ed. by Ronald Clark, Herrenhausen Gardens , Hanover 2007, ISBN 978-3-00-021172-0
- Everyday war life on the " home front ": the Hanover special court in action against " broadcast criminals ", "black slaughterers", " public pests " and other "criminals" from 1939 to 1945 , at the same time dissertation in 1996 at the University of Hanover, in the series Hanoverian Studies , Volume 4, Hanover: Hahn , Hanover 1997, ISBN 3-7752-4954-0
- Wolf-Dieter Mechler, Christian Heppner: "Knowledge is power ... Education is beauty!" / Ada and Theodor Lessing and the Volkshochschule Hannover , exhibition catalog , 1995
- Wolf-Dieter Mechler, Wolfgang Borchardt: The political turnaround of the KPD in the mid-twenties, taking into account Hanoverian local politics , housework for the state examination for academic teaching, Hanover 1976
- in the series of writings of the Historisches Museum Hannover :
- Vol. 25: Albert Einstein and Theodor Lessing / Parallels, Touchings , accompanying volume for the exhibition of the Historisches Museum Hannover from October 21 to November 4, 2005 in the Hanover City Hall and from November 21 to December 7, 2005 in the University of Hanover, ed. v. Historisches Museum Hannover, Hannover 2005, ISBN 3-910073-27-1
- Vol. 28: Comics "Made in Hanover" , booklet to the exhibition Wilhelm Buschs Enkel - Comics "Made in Hanover" in the Historical Museum Hanover from April 15 to September 9, 2007, Hanover 2007
- Vol. 33, together with Carl Philipp Nies: The November Pogrom 1938 in Hanover , accompanying volume for the exhibition from November 5, 2008 to January 18, 2009 in the Hanover Historical Museum, Hanover 2008, ISBN 978-3-910073-34-0
- in the Kleine Schriften series of the Hannover City Archives
- Desk perpetrator ?: Insights into the city administration of Hanover 1933 to 1945 , Hanover city archive, 2000
- Klaus Irler: Wolf-Dieter Mechler about Hannover 96 in the museum / “A real treasure” in the online edition of the taz on May 29, 2012, last accessed on July 23, 2012
- Thomas Schwark : "One shot - one goal - Hanover" 96 - pictures from the early years , subpage on hannover.de , last accessed on July 23, 2012
- ↑ see GND number of the German National Library
- ↑ a b c Klaus Irler: Wolf-Dieter Mechler on Hannover 96 ... (see literature)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|