|Yamana Gold Inc.
|Seat||Toronto , Canada|
|management||Peter Marrone ( CEO )|
|Number of employees||10,965 (2014)|
|sales||1.83 billion CAD (2014)|
Yamana Gold is a mining company specializing in the production of gold , copper and silver . The company is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange , the New York Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange . It was part of the S & P / TSX 60 stock index .
In 2003, the Canadian investor Peter Marrone acquired the 'old' Yamana 18 million dollars, which by then was working in Argentina and Brazil, and changed its name to the 'new' Canadian Yamana Inc., on the Toronto Stock Exchange TSX listed . By issuing new shares, Fazienda Brasilero (with the mine of the same name) was taken over in the same year. The advanced Chapada copper-gold mine project was also included in the purchase price.
The second mine, Fazenda Nova, went into operation in 2004 , followed two years later (2006) by the third mine, Chapada. This increased the annual production to about 300,000 ounces.
The company expanded significantly in 2006 with the acquisition of RNC Gold, Desert Sun Mining Corp. and Viceroy Exploration for a combined total of $ 1.24 billion.
In the following year 2007 the companies Meridian Gold and Northern Orion were acquired. Gold production was able to exceed the one million ounce mark in 2008.
In 2012, the Cerro Moro project in Argentina was purchased by Extorre Gold Mines. Eventually, in 2014, Yamana acquired a 50 percent stake in the Canadian Malartic Mine through a joint venture with Agnico Eagle Mines .
The company operates in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico. Of the eight mines, six are 100% owned by the company:
|SURNAME||country||PROPORTION OF||PRODUCTION 2014
|RESERVES (P + P)
in 000 oz
in US $
|Alumbrera||ARG||12.5%||39,700 (ant.)||185||$ 324|
|Canadian Malartic||CDN||50%||143,000||4,329||$ 702|
|El Peñón||Chile||100%||282,600||1,682||$ 488|
|Minera Florida||Chile||100%||100,100||613||$ 617|
Source: Yamana Annual Report 2014 and Quarterly Reports 2014
- Yamana CSR Report 2014 , accessed July 25, 2015
- Yamana Financial Review 2014 , accessed July 25, 2015
- Investor Fact Sheet. (PDF; 5.9 MB) (No longer available online.) Yamana.com, November 6, 2012, formerly in the original ; Retrieved November 11, 2012 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives )
- Annual Report 2009. (PDF; 2.3 MB) 2010, archived from the original on August 27, 2010 ; accessed on September 11, 2010 (English).
- Yamana Annual Report 2004. yamana.com, accessed July 11, 2015 .
- Yamana Annual Report 2006. Retrieved July 11, 2015 .
- Yamana Annual Report 2014. Retrieved January 2, 2016 .
- Further key figures on Yamana. Retrieved December 21, 2015 .