|Aker Solutions ASA
|Seat||Fornebu , Norway|
|management||Luis Araujo, Leif Borge|
|Number of employees||16,694|
|sales||32.9 billion NOK (3.1 billion euros )|
|As of December 31, 2014|
Aker Solutions ASA (formerly Aker Kværner ASA ) is a Norwegian group that was created in 2004 from the merger of the Kværner and Aker ASA groups . The company's executive chairman is Luis Araujo. On April 8, 2008 Aker Kværner ASA changed its name to Aker Solutions ASA .
Aker ASA is the main shareholder with around 6% of the shares in direct and 28% in indirect ownership (as of 2014). Due to the low oil price, several thousand jobs were cut between 2014 and 2015.
Aker Solutions is divided into the following organizational structures, in which many subsidiaries operate as separate legal units:
- Regional organizations
- United Kingdom
- North America
- Business areas
- Supply systems ( umbilicals )
- Drilling ( drilling technologies )
- Subsea technology ( Subsea )
- Maintenance and operation ( maintenance, modifications, and operations )
- Process Systems ( Process Systems )
- Engineering ( Engineering )
- Oilfield services and maritime inventory ( oilfield services and marine assets )
Participation in Germany
The Aker Wirth GmbH subsidiary has existed in Erkelenz since 2009 and emerged from the previously independent Wirth machine and drilling equipment factory after a takeover .
Aker Yards (2002-2007)
In February 2002 the shipbuilding activities of the Norwegian groups Aker and Kværner were bundled under the management company Aker Kværner Yards AS in Oslo. In 2004 the Aker Yards ASA shipbuilding group was created under new ownership and was listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange. From March 2007 to December 2008 Aker Yards, then the largest shipbuilder in Europe, was sold by Aker Solutions to the South Korean STX Corporation . In November 2008 Aker Yards renamed itself STX Europe and was then delisted from the stock exchange .
- Aker Solutions Management. Retrieved November 6, 2019 .
- Aker Solutions Annual Report 2014. (PDF) Retrieved on November 6, 2019 .
- Aker Solutions: From Aker Kvaerner to Aker Solutions - launch of new brand identity ( Memento from March 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive )
- Corporate structure ( memo of September 27, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on August 24, 2014
- Aker Solutions to Adjust Subsea Capacity in Norway , September 1, 2015
- Our story . Aker Wirth GmbH. Retrieved February 23, 2013.