The elementary school and high school attended Schonath in Öhringen and graduated there with the intermediate certificate from. He then did his military service in the Bundeswehr. Then he attended the business school in Würzburg , where he passed the business school diploma. He then studied business administration at the Würzburg-Schweinfurt University of Applied Sciences and economics at the Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg . After completing his studies, he was managing director until he was active in the state parliament.
District chairman of the REP district association Schwäbisch Hall, member of the district committee of the Republicans in the district association of North Württemberg, 1995 to 1999 member of the state committee. From 1994 to 2009 he was a city councilor in Heilbronn , until the end of March 2009 as deputy chairman of the Republican parliamentary group in the local council, after its dissolution from April 1, 2009 as a non-attached city council. He did not stand for the municipal council election on June 7, 2009.
From April 16, 1996 to May 31, 2001, Schonath was a member of the state parliament in Baden-Württemberg ( second mandate in the Schwäbisch Hall constituency) . As secretary he was a member of the conference presidium of the state parliament, member of the economic committee and member of the committee for rural areas and agriculture. As a representative of the Republican parliamentary group, he was a member of various committees: Member of the Board of Trustees of the Development and Cooperation Foundation, member of the Board of Trustees of the Monument Foundation Baden-Württemberg , member of the Board of Trustees of the Donauschwäbischen Kulturstiftung des Landes Baden-Württemberg, deputy member of the Board of Trustees of the Steinbeis Foundation for business development. Also member of the 11th Federal Assembly for the election of the Federal President on May 23, 1999.
After the end of his city council mandate on June 30, 2009, Schonath moved from the Republicans to the DSU and has been a member of the federal executive committee there since May 29, 2010. On December 15, 2012, he was elected First Deputy Federal Chairman at the federal party conference in Leipzig. It continues to perform this function today. In October 2010, after the foundation of the Baden-Württemberg regional association, he was also elected deputy regional chairman. He has been state chairman since March 2012.
He is a member of numerous local, regional state, national and foreign clubs and associations as well as a member of a world association. He is a founding member of the Friends of the Heilbronn City Library e. V. and was the only city council member to be one of the founding founders of the Heilbronn Community Foundation .
Schonath was married from July 27, 1973 to August 5, 2015 and has been widowed since August 6, 2015. He has two sons.
- Joachim Friedl and Carsten Friese: Municipal council without republicans . In: Heilbronn voice . April 3, 2009 ( from Stimme.de [accessed April 4, 2009]).
- Joachim Friedl: Biggest gain for FDP and FWV . In: Heilbronn voice . June 9, 2009 ( from Stimme.de [accessed on August 11, 2009]).
- - ( Memento of the original from July 9, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , DSU Bundesverband, accessed August 15, 2015
- Ulrich Riedel: DSU threatens to drift to the right . In: Free Press . June 4, 2010 ( from Freiepresse.de [accessed June 6, 2010]).
- Schonath on the "DSU" board . In: Hohenloher Tagblatt . June 18, 2010 ( from swp.de [accessed June 28, 2010]).
- New state executive elected ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , DSU Baden-Württemberg, accessed April 3, 2012
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (REP, DSU), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 2, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kupferzell , Baden-Wuerttemberg|