Andreas Gautschi (born July 10, 1956 ) is a Swiss forest scientist . He is known for extensive studies of the Prussian-German hunting and forest history and is considered a specialist in the hunting area of the Rominter Heide . Gautschi published studies on the historical importance of Hermann Göring and Kaiser Wilhelm II as well as biographies on the foresters Walter Frevert and Ferdinand von Raesfeld .
Live and act
Andreas Gautschi completed a degree in forestry at the ETH Zurich , which he graduated in 1980 as a forest engineer. Already in his diploma thesis, investigation of the influence of meteorological factors on the development of antlers in deer , he dealt with a wild biological topic.
Since 1991 he has lived in Żytkiejmy (Szittkehmen) on the southern edge of the Rominter Heide, whose hunting and forest history he has intensively researched. Together with Burkhard Winsmann-Steins , he published the magnificent volume Rominten yesterday and today in 1992 , which had three editions by 1999. This was followed in 1995 by the Rominter Hirsch . His picture in the course of the century , for which Gautschi also made the antler drawings himself. He had spent a whole year on that alone.
In the course of his studies he inevitably occupied himself with the hunting activities of Hermann Göring , who also acted as "Reichsjägermeister", in the Rominter Heide, which was a state hunting ground during the time of the " Third Reich ". Although there were - among others by Heinrich Rubner and Zoltán Rozsnyay - detailed accounts of forest history for the time of National Socialism , there was no scientifically proven treatise on hunting in the “Third Reich”. In the spring of 1994, Gautschi received the final suggestion to undertake such research from the Lüneburg zoologist Christoph Hinkelmann , who set up a museum exhibition on the Rominter Heide. With the dissertation The effect Hermann Goering to the German hunting in the Third Reich , he was then in 1997 Antal Festetics at the Institute of Wildlife Biology and Game customer of the Faculty of Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology, Georg-August University of Göttingen to Dr. forest. PhD . On the basis of this investigation, Gautschi wrote the book Der Reichsjägermeister. Facts and legends about Hermann Göring (1999), which made him widely known and which was published in three editions within a very short time. Like most of Gautschi's books, it was published by Nimrod-Verlag.
With Wilhelm II and the woad. Hunting and hunting of the last emperor Gautschi again entered new scientific territory in 2000 and presented the first hunted biography of the last German emperor to date. Walter Frevert also caused a stir . Eine Weidmanns Wechsel undwege (2004), the first detailed account of the life and work of this forester apart from his own transfigured autobiographical bestsellers. Gautschi not only highlighted Frevert's achievements and his significant influence on hunting in Germany in the 20th century, but also revealed for the first time the unpleasant aspects of his personality. This not only affected his work as a forest clerk in Rominten from 1936 and his close ties to Göring, but above all his involvement in war crimes during the Second World War in the occupied Bialowieser Heide . Gautschi thus thoroughly demystified the image that the public had of the popular hunting writer until then. In 2006 Gautschi and Helmut Suter presented a biography of Ferdinand von Raesfeld , also a comprehensive account of the life and work of the well-known "old master of German pasture". All of these biographical books are now considered standard works in their field.
Together with Helmut Suter, he devoted himself to an elaborate study of the hunting life of Elector Johann Sigismund von Brandenburg over many years and also created Der Schaufelhirsch von Rominten. A story from the forest 2005 also a fiction work.
The time when Kaiser Wilhelm II hunted in Rominten was edited by Gautschi using his biography, with the publication of the hunting logs of Joseph Rollfings and with the biographies of the forestry masters Gustav von Nordenflycht , Fritz von Saint Paul and Joseph von Sternburg . The books Through Woods and Times , The Deer of the Rominter Heath in East Prussia and Rominten 1500 to 1945 - an alphabetical memo book - deal with the Rominter Heath across time .
Gautschi tried to counteract the disintegration of hunting customs with the book The Unwritten Law , which contains sayings and views of Eugen Wylers .
In addition, he regularly publishes articles in hunting journals . Also in the documentation Wiedersehen mit der Rominter Heide. Winter in Ostpreussens Zauberwald (2008) by Wolfgang Wegner he has his say.
The biography about the animal painter Richard Friese , edited with Werner Siemers and Hans Günther Vollmer-Verheyen in 2013, was awarded the 2015 Conseil International de la Chasse (CIC) literary prize.
As an author
- The paddle deer from Rominten. A story from the forest. Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2005, ISBN 3-7888-1040-8 .
- Saint Paul. From the pastoral life of forester Fritz von Saint Paul in the Rominter Heide. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2012, ISBN 978-3-7888-1447-2 .
- Forest and hunting poems from the Rominter Heide (under the pseudonym F. v. Fuchsenfels). Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2017. ISBN 978-3-7888-1911-8 .
- Hunting and hiking poems from the Rominter Heide (under the pseudonym F. v. Fuchsenfels). Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2018. ISBN 978-3-7888-1931-6 .
- with Burkhard Winsmann-Steins : Rominten yesterday and today. 3. Edition. Nimrod-Verlag, 1999, ISBN 3-927848-06-9 (first edition 1992).
- Through forests and times. Lore, characters, observations. Nimrod-Verlag, 2001, ISBN 3-927848-34-4 .
- The unwritten law. A memory of the green warning Eugen Wyler . Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2005, ISBN 3-7888-1044-0 .
- with Helmut Suter : About hunting, drinking and governing. Reminiscences from the life of Elector Johann Sigismund von Brandenburg, quoted from old letters. CA Starke Verlag, 2005, ISBN 3-7980-0609-1 .
- with Helmut Suter: Ferdinand von Raesfeld . Life, work and work of an old master of the German pasture mill. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2006, ISBN 3-7888-1096-3 .
- The deer of the Rominter Heath in what was then East Prussia. 2nd, heavily changed edition. from Der Rominter Hirsch. His picture in the course of the century 1995. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2008, ISBN 978-3-7888-1177-8 .
- Wilhelm II and the woad. Hunt and hunt the last German Emperor. A balance sheet. 2nd, revised and supplemented edition. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2009, ISBN 978-3-7888-0979-9 .
- with Horst Kramer and Jürgen Leiste: Elk hunter master Hans Kramer - pictures of a hunter's life. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2009, ISBN 978-3-7888-1283-6 .
- Rominten 1500 to 1945. An alphabetical memo book. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2009, ISBN 978-3-7888-1294-2 .
- The Reichsjägermeister. Facts and legends about Hermann Göring . 5th, revised and expanded edition. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2010, ISBN 978-3-7888-1038-2 (first edition 1998).
- with Anne Lüft : Gustav Freiherr von Nordenflycht . Hunting and other side lights from the time of a Royal Prussian forest master. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2011, ISBN 978-3-7888-1396-3 .
- Walter Frevert . A Weidmann's change and ways. 3rd, revised and expanded edition. with original sound recordings. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2012, ISBN 978-3-7888-1466-3 .
- with Werner Siemers and Hans Günter Vollmer-Verheyen: Richard Friese - his life, his art. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2013, ISBN 978-3-7888-1601-8 .
- Joseph Freiherr Speck von Sternburg - a loyal servant of Kaiser Wilhelm II. From the diaries of Baroness Sternburg, Oberforsterei Rominten. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neumann, appears in 2014, ISBN 978-3-7888-1650-6 .
- The eventful life of the Reich Minister and General Forester through four German epochs. CA Starke Verlag, 2017, ISBN 978-3-7980-0587-7 .
- with Helmut Suter: Carl Reiff. To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the death of the Royal Forester in Nassawen (Rominter Heide). Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2017, ISBN 978-3-7888-1890-6 .
- At the turn of time. As the forester v. Sternburg in Rominten lost his office. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2018, ISBN 978-3-7888-1949-1 .
- The shot book of Saint Paul. From the estate of forester Friedrich v. Saint Paul in Nassawen / Rominter Heide. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2019. ISBN 978-3-7888-1956-9 .
- Imperial deer hunt in Rominten. According to reports from the gun tensioner Joseph Rollfing. Paul Parey magazine publisher, 2006, ISBN 3-89715-552-4 .
- with Wolfgang Rothe: Forest, hunting and war memories of East Prussian foresters 1925–1945. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2012, ISBN 978-3-7888-1479-3 .
- with Franz-Josef Kaup, Wilhelm Puchmüller, Wolfgang Rothe: Ferdinand Wallmann. A forest administration official and bloodhound handler of the old days, represented on the basis of his estate. Edition Nimrod, Verlag J. Neumann-Neudamm, 2019, ISBN 978-3-7888-1976-7 .
- Entry at NEBIS .
- Andreas Gautschi: The Reichsjägermeister. Facts and legends about Hermann Göring . 3rd, revised and supplemented edition. Nimrod-Verlag, Hanstedt 2000, ISBN 3-927848-20-4 , foreword p. 14.
- Reunion with the Rominter Heide. Winter in East Prussia's Magic Forest (table of contents at www3.ndr.de; accessed on September 24, 2009).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss forest scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 10, 1956|