Anne Zohra Berrached
The daughter of a guest worker from Algeria was born and raised in the GDR . She attended secondary school and technical college and completed a degree in social pedagogy . She then worked as a drama teacher in London for two years before living in Cameroon and Spain.
After a four-year stay abroad, Anne Zohra Berrached moved to Berlin, where she supervised acting children for a graduation film at the University of Film and Television Potsdam and observed the director's work. She then directed her first own documentary, Der Pausenclown (2009), about her Lebanese neighbor. The documentary was later broadcast on WDR . In 2009 Anne Zohra Berrached began studying film at the Baden-Württemberg Film Academy in Ludwigsburg after she had been rejected in Potsdam.
With her first full-length feature film, Zwei Mütter , she won the Perspective German Cinema Prize at the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival in 2013 . In 2016 her second feature film, the abortion drama 24 weeks, celebrated its world premiere as the only German contribution in the competition of the 66th Berlin International Film Festival and received the award of the Gilde Deutscher Filmkunsttheater for “Best Film in Competition”. 24 Wochen was nominated four times for the German Film Prize 2017 and was awarded the Lola in Silver and received the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Film Festival. Berrached staged the ARD television crime thriller Tatort: Der Fall Holdt (2017).
In 2018 Berrached was named to the international jury of the 53rd Chicago Film Festival. She teaches film workshops for students in Cairo for the Goethe Institute, in Mexico for the Festival International de Cine de Guadalajara and in Germany at the Film Academy BW. She lives and works in Leipzig and Berlin.
- 2011: E. + U. (short film) - director
- 2012: Saints and Whore (documentary) - director, screenplay
- 2012: Dogs Like Us (medium length film) - director
- 2013: The Right Hand (medium length film) - director
- 2013: Zwei Mütter - director, screenplay
- 2016: 24 weeks - direction, screenplay
- 2017: Millennials - as an actress
- 2017: Crime Scene: The Holdt Case
- 2012: ProSiebenSat1 Prime Time Prize, Screenplay Award - Mars Venus Venus Mars
- 2013: 63rd Berlinale, directing award of the “Dialogue en Perspective” section of the Berlinale Perspektive Deutsches Kino - Zwei Mütter
- 2013: Best Documentary Film, Fetish Film Festival - Holy and Whore
- 2013: First Steps No Fear Award - Two Mothers
- 2013: Studio Hamburg Young Talent Award: Nomination - Two Mothers
- 2014: Caligari Sponsorship Award - 24 weeks
- 2016: Best film in competition, 66th Berlinale, GUILDE Film Award - 24 weeks
- 2016: Best Screenplay, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Film Festival - 24 weeks
- 2016: Best production designer, Neisse Filmfest - 24 weeks
- 2016: Audience Award, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Film Festival - 24 weeks
- 2016: Best Director, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Film Festival - 24 weeks
- 2016: Best director, 27th Emden Norderney Film Festival - 24 weeks
- 2016: Studio Hamburg Young Talent Award , Best Director and Best Production - 24 weeks
- 2016: Prize of Saarland Medien GmbH of the Günter Rohrbach Film Prize for 24 weeks
- 2017: German Film Award 2017 Lola in Silver for 24 weeks
- 2017: DEFA Foundation Award for Young Cinema
- Anne Zohra Berrached at filmportal.de
- Profile at abovetheline.de
- Anne Zohra Berrached in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Schuberth-Roth, Thomas: From love and trister togetherness . In: Frankenpost , October 26, 2012, p. 18.
- Interview with "Zwei Mütter" director Anne Zohra Berrached at regenbogenfamilien-nrw.de, May 16, 2013 (accessed on January 24, 2016).
- From the explanation: “Anne Zohra Berrached's direction is characterized by great courage, sensitivity and accuracy in dealing with an often taboo topic, a very differentiated figure drawing for all roles, a precise rhythm (...) in the assembly. (...) the greatest respect for the questions of conscience of their characters and, with all delicacy, allows the viewer to participate in the consequences of the decisions made with inexorable accuracy. "
- Studio Hamburg Young Talent Award : Studio Hamburg Group: Studio Hamburg Young Talent Award 2016 - the winners , June 2, 2016
|SURNAME||Berrached, Anne Zohra|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German director and screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 31, 1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Erfurt|