Annemarie Auer (born June 10, 1913 in Neumünster / Holstein , † February 7, 2002 in Berlin ) was a German writer .
Annemarie Auer grew up in Kiel . Her father took part in the Kiel sailors' uprising in 1918 . After completing an apprenticeship as a bookseller, she worked as a bookseller in Berlin until 1943 . From 1943 to 1945 she was conscripted and worked in the armaments industry. From 1947 to 1950 she worked as a radio editor and from 1950 to 1952 she worked for the German Academy of the Arts in East Berlin. From 1953 she studied German at the Humboldt University in Berlin . She had to drop out of this course for health reasons. Auer then worked as an editor for the magazine neue deutsche literatur . Since 1960 she has lived as a freelance writer in East Berlin.
Auer was best known for her essays on literary topics. She also wrote short stories and worked as an editor. She was critical of her artistic possibilities in the GDR.
Since 1972 she was a member of the PEN Center of the GDR .
Annemarie Auer was married to the Austrian writer Eduard Zak (1906–1979).
Awards and honors
- 1968 F. C. Weiskopf Prize
- 1973 Johannes R. Becher Medal
- 1976 Heinrich Mann Prize
- 1983 Honorary doctorate from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
- 1983 Patriotic Order of Merit in Gold
- Locations, explorations , Halle / Saale 1967
- The critical forests , Halle (Saale) 1974
- Experience, experience, write , Halle (Saale) 1977
- Morning apparition , hall a. a. 1987
- Bernhard Kellermann in memory , Berlin 1952
- Gerhart Hauptmann on his 90th birthday , Berlin 1952
- Landscape of the Poets , Dresden 1958
- German landscape poetry , Leipzig 1962
- Ludwig Renn , Berlin 1964
- Uwe Eberhardt: On positions in the GDR literary criticism of the seventies , Berlin 1982 (together with Michael Hähnel)
- Elfriede Brüning : Companions: Portraits of forgotten women . Dietz Verlag, Berlin 2004. ISBN 978-3320022426
- Literature by and about Annemarie Auer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Annemarie Auer archive in the archive of the Academy of Arts, Berlin
- Annemarie Auer - Article on tagesspiegel.de (2002)
- Dieter Fechner: Reaching into the literary treasure chest in RotFuchs 3/2014
- ↑ Stations of a life. The cosmopolitan Heinrich Heidersberger. Retrieved November 26, 2013 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Auer-Zak, Annemarie|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 10, 1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neumunster , Holstein|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 7, 2002|
|Place of death||Berlin|