Antonius John (born October 6, 1922 in Ahlen ; † May 11, 2016 in Bonn ) was a German business journalist , publicist and political scientist .
Antonius John completed an agricultural apprenticeship and was a soldier in World War II. After the end of the war he studied economics at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn and became a member of the Catholic student association KDSt.V. Borusso-Westfalia Bonn in the CV . In 1956 he was awarded a doctorate in Bonn with his dissertation The Problem of Federal Industrial Property. rer. pole. PhD .
He had been working as a business journalist in Bonn since 1948, first for the “ Handelsblatt ” and later for the “ Rheinischer Merkur ”. Since 1965 he has taught at various universities; at the University of Koblenz-Landau he was appointed honorary professor for politics and contemporary history. In 1972 he became press spokesman for the German Farmers' Association ; he held this office for 15 years. He was the procurator of the German Agricultural College.
From 1972 to 1991 he was Plenipotentiary of the Constitutional (Exile) Government of Estonia for the Federal Republic of Germany.
In the post-war period he had contacts with Christian social circles that founded the CDU in the British occupation zone. In 1947 he was significantly involved in the design of the “Ahlen Program” in the Ahlen Monastery of St. Michael, which presented the basic features of the CDU's economic policy in the new Federal Republic of Germany.
John has published over 120 books and writings. In 2007 his book Philipp von Boeselager was published . Resistance and the common good. Antonius John first met the Boeselager Equestrian Association, assigned to the Central Cavalry Regiment , on the Eastern Front in mid-May 1943 in the Staiki area. In 1944, John and his unit were placed under this troop, which had been enlarged to form a brigade.
He supported the cause of beatification of Robert Schuman .
- Honoring the Soviet Government and Academy of Sciences in Moscow and Orel for saving the museum with the estate of the Russian poet Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev in the tank battle for Kursk (1943; Citadel Company ) (1974)
- Wilhelm Niklas Medal (1986)
- Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (1988)
- Great Cross of Merit of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (1997)
- Further domestic and foreign orders and awards
- It doesn't work without farmers: facts and figures Problems d. German agriculture. Junfermann Paderborn 1965.
- Surveys. Politicians, statesmen, contemporaries 1950-1980. Halft Hennef Verlag 1980, ISBN 3-925-57001-2 .
- Patriots, crooks and others. Bonn marginal stories 1949-1953. 1989, ISBN 3-924-68392-1 .
- Rudolf Seiters. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 1991, ISBN 3-416-02305-6 .
- Meetings in Orel. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 1991, ISBN 3-416-02376-5 .
- Philipp von Boeselager. Baron, conspirator, democrat. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 1994, ISBN 3-416-02507-5 .
- End time. East Prussian diary 1945. Sonnack-Rohr Verlag Rheinbach 1995.
- Ahlen Program and Bonn Republic, 50 years ago: a race for ideas and rivalries. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 1997, ISBN 3-416-02673-X .
- Waidmannsheil, Your Excellency. Hunting and moral pictures from the Bonn Republic. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 1997, ISBN 3-416-02644-6 .
- Philipp von Boeselager: Resistance and the common good. Perceptions from six decades. Bouvier-Verlag Bonn 2007 (2nd edition), ISBN 3-416-03203-9 .
- Kursk '43. Scenes of a decisive battle . Bonn 1993
- Literature about Antonius John in the catalog of the German National Library
- German Farmers' Association: "Former DBV press spokesman Professor Dr. Antonius John dies ” , May 14, 2016
- ^ Antonius John obituary notice , Bonner General-Anzeiger, accessed on May 14, 2016.
- ↑ a b Obituary Bonner General-Anzeiger v. 14./15. May 2016, p. 5.
- ↑ a b c Entry Who's Who , accessed on May 17, 2016
- ↑ Antonius John is dead: “Ahlener Program” also bore his signature , Ahlener Zeitung, May 19, 2016
- ^ "Authors: Antonius John" , Bouvier-Verlag, accessed on August 31, 2009
- ↑ Robert Schuman: The Beatification Process ( Memento of the original of April 6, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed August 31, 2009
- ↑ Antonius John obituary notice ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , FAZ , May 17, 2016
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German business journalist and professor of political science|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 6, 1922|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Awls|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 11, 2016|
|Place of death||Bonn|