Beatrix Borchard (* 1950 in Lingen (Ems) ) is a German musicologist and author . Your publication focuses include: a. Life and work of musicians, etc. a. by Robert and Clara Schumann , Pauline Viardot-Garcia , Amalie and Joseph Joachim , Adriana Hölszky , the role of music in the Jewish acculturation process , history of interpretation and strategies of music communication .
Beatrix Borchard, grew up in Lingen (Ems) , studied musicology, German literature and history in Bonn and Berlin and did her doctorate on Clara Wieck and Robert Schumann. 2000 habilitation them with an interpretation of history study of Amalie and Joseph Joachim. She is the editor of the Viardot Garcia Studies, the online dictionary MUGI, and together with Kerstin Schüssler-Bach of the Brahms Studies.
Beatrix Borchard taught musicology at the Berlin University of the Arts (now Berlin University of the Arts ) for ten years and worked at home and abroad for the Goethe Institute , especially in the People's Republic of China , Portugal and Romania . After a short stopover as a professor of musicology at the musicological seminar in Detmold-Paderborn , she accepted an appointment at the Hamburg University of Music and Theater in 2002 . Here she heads a research project funded by the DFG on the subject of places and ways of European cultural mediation through music.
Beatrix Borchard is the author of numerous radio features, often moderates concerts and has made two films so far, documentaries about Clara Schumann ( NDR 1996) and about house music (NDR 1997). She has worked on other music films. A documentary about the sisters Maria Malibran and Pauline Viardot-Garcia is in planning.
- ↑ Robert Schumann and Clara Wieck. Conditions for artistic work in the first half of the 19th century. Beltz, Weinheim / Basel 1985 (results of women's research, vol. 4), ISBN 3-407-58263-3 (university publication ; also Bremen, university, dissertation, 1983); Furore Verlag , Kassel, 2nd edition 1992, ISBN 3-927327-06-9
- ↑ Voice and violin: Amalie and Joseph Joachim - woman and man. Biography and history of interpretation. Böhlau Verlag, Vienna 2005, 2nd edition 2007 (= Viennese publications on music history, Volume 5), ISBN 978-3-205-77629-1
- ↑ Viardot Garcia Studies , Vol. 1–6, Georg Olms Verlag Hildesheim · Zurich · New York 2012ff
- ↑ MUGI. Music education and gender research: encyclopedia of women musicians and multimedia presentations
- ↑ Brahms Studies ( Memento of the original from September 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (= Publications of the Johannes Brahms Society, vol. 16 ff.), Tutzing 2011 ff.
- Clara Schumann . One life. Ullstein, Frankfurt / Main - Berlin 1991 (four editions), ISBN 3-548-35367-3
- Clara Schumann . Your life. A biographical montage. With an essay by the author “With scissors and glue”. - 3rd, revised. and exp. Ed. - Olms, Hildesheim 2015, ISBN 978-3-487-08553-1 ; review
- as editor: Adriana Hölszky . Klangportraits Volume 1, Furore Verlag; Music women, Berlin 1991
- as editor with Monika Schwarz-Danuser: Fanny Hensel geb. Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Composing between ideal of sociability and romantic musical aesthetics. 2., revised. Edition, Furore Verlag, Kassel 2002, ISBN 3-927327-54-9
- as editors with Cornelia Bartsch and Rainer Cadenbach : The female and the male Beethoven , Bonn 2004, ISBN 978-3-88188-080-0
- as edited by Claudia Maurer Zenck: Alkestis: Interpretations (= Hamburger Jahrbuch für Musikwissenschaft 2006), Frankfurt / Main 2006, ISBN 978-3631561836
- as ed. with Heidy Zimmermann: Musikwelten - Lebenswelten. Jewish Identity Search in German Music Culture. Böhlau, Cologne / Weimar / Vienna 2009 (series Jüdische Moderne, Vol. 9), ISBN 978-3-412-20254-5
- Voice and violin: Amalie and Joseph Joachim . Biography and history of interpretation (= Viennese publications on music history, vol. 5, edited by Reinhard Kapp and Markus Grassl), Vienna 2005 (2nd edition Vienna 2007), ISBN 3-205-77242-3 .
- Pauline Viardot-Garcia . Abundance of Life (European Women Composers, Vol. 19), Köln.Weimar, Vienna 2016, ISBN 978-3-412-50143-3
- as editors with Regina Back and Elisabeth Treydte: Music (mediation) and gender (research) on the Internet. Perspectives of a different music historiography , Hildesheim 2016, ISBN 978-3-487-15405-3
- Clara Schumann . Music as a way of life . New sources - different spellings. With a catalog raisonné by Joachim Draheim. Hildesheim 2019, ISBN 978-3-487-08620-0
- Literature by and about Beatrix Borchard in the catalog of the German National Library
- Beatrix Borchard - biography
- Beatrix Borchard - Vita
- Non-fiction. Clap of thunder. Out. He fiddled. She sings. Story of a marriage. Article of December 8, 2005 (ZEIT.online) in connection with the publication of the book by Beatrix Borchard 'Voice and Violin - Amalie and Joseph Joachim'
- FemBiografie Amalie Joachim von Beatrix Borchard with quotes, links and literature
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German musicologist and editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lingen (Ems)|
- ↑ Claudia Niebel on info-netz-musik August 15, 2015; accessed on August 16, 2015.