life and work
After graduating from high school in Braunschweig in 1963, Schünemann began studying law in Göttingen, Berlin and Hamburg, which he completed in 1967 with the first state examination in law.
In 1971 he did his doctorate under Claus Roxin and in the same year passed the second state examination in law. Schünemann then worked as a research assistant at his doctoral supervisor's chair, first in Göttingen, then in Munich, where he completed his habilitation in 1975 in the subjects of criminal law , criminal procedural law and legal philosophy .
In the winter semester of the same year he became scientific advisor and professor at the University of Bonn. This was followed by positions in Mannheim and Freiburg before he moved to the LMU Munich as holder of the chair for criminal law, criminal procedural law, legal sociology and legal philosophy in the winter semester 1989/90 , where he is director of the institute for the entire criminal law studies, legal philosophy and legal informatics .
Schünemann was u. a. active as a reviewer for the German Lawyers' Association and the German Bundestag . In addition, he can look back on extensive lectures and advice on legislation in European, East Asian and Latin American countries, for which six universities have awarded him honorary doctorates to date .
Focus of scientific work Schünemann range of agreements in criminal proceedings , which he sharply criticized the Europeanisation of criminal justice and economic crime , in particular the infidelity , even though he, for in addition to a comprehensive criminal dogmatic and criminal political work of more than 30 monographs (. T. as editor) and numerous articles in German and international journals.
In the 1990s, Schünemann was briefly involved in the STATT party , but was replaced as its federal chairman after a short term.
- Agreements in criminal proceedings? Basics, objects and boundaries . Expert opinion B for the 58th German Lawyers' Conference, Munich 1990.
- Weather signs of the decline of the German legal culture - The verdict agreements as a swan song on the legal binding of the judiciary and the profession of our time for legislation , Berlin 2005, ISBN 3-8305-1031-4 .
- Leipzig Commentary on the Criminal Code, 11th edition, Berlin 2006, Volume 7, Section 266.
- Afterword in: "A 115 - The fall" by Thomas Middelhoff , Langen Müller, Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-7844-3425-4 .
- Roland Hefendehl (ed.), Empirical knowledge, dogmatic foundations, and criminal policy impetus. Symposium for Bernd Schünemann on his 60th birthday , Cologne, Berlin, Bonn, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-452-26123-9 .
- Yü-hsiu Hsü / Jyh-Huei Chen (ed.), Incorruptible and imperturbable in the service of law and justice - treatises on the entire criminal law science by Bernd Schünemann on his 60th birthday , Taipei 2006.
- Roland Hefendehl, Bernd Schünemann on his 65th birthday - constants and surprises , Goltdammer's Archive for Criminal Law 2009, pp. 618–625.
- Roland Hefendehl, Tatjana Hörnle, Luís Greco (Eds.), Controversial Criminal Law Science, Festschrift for Bernd Schünemann on his 70th birthday on November 1, 2014 , Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3110315578 .
- Literature by and about Bernd Schünemann in the catalog of the German National Library
- CV Prof. Schünemann at the LMU Munich
- Interview with Prof. Schünemann about the Ackermann case on spiegel.de
- Johanna Henkel-Waidhofer : Der fein Herr Schünemann , context: weekly newspaper , February 22, 2014, p. 4.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar and legal philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1944|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Broistedt, ( Lengede )|