Charles von Graffenried
Karl Edmund "Charles" von Graffenried (born July 19, 1925 in Bern , † July 10, 2012 in Worb ) was a Swiss advocate , banker and publisher .
He belonged to the Bernese patrician family Graffenried , studied law at the University of Bern , where he became a member of the Zähringia Bernensis student association, and became an advocate and notary . He took over his father's lawyer and trustee office and formed the Von Graffenried Group with a private bank, a real estate company, a trust and a legal department. In 2011, his fortune was estimated by the business magazine Bilanz at CHF 350 million.
In 1979 he merged the Berner Nachrichten and the Berner Tagblatt to form the Berner Zeitung . From the publisher Berner Tagblatt Medien AG, he made Espace Media AG in 2001 , and he was Chairman of the Board of Directors . In 2007 he sold Espace Media to Tamedia and took a seat on its board of directors. Until his death he was the publisher of the Berner Zeitung and the newspaper Der Bund .
Von Graffenried was married twice and had six children, including the photographer Michael von Graffenried .
- Hans Braun: History of the Graffenried family. Notables - patricians - citizens. With a foreword and edited by Charles von Graffenried. Stämpfli, Bern 2012, ISBN 978-3-7272-1214-7 .
- Peter Ziegler, Georges Bindschedler (ed.): Media publishers and entrepreneurship. Festschrift for Charles von Graffenried on his 75th birthday. Haupt, Bern 2001, ISBN 3-258-06196-3 .
- Margrit spokesman : «Too little heart probably». Portrait in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung . March 28, 2010
- Willi Wottreng : Strategist of the Bernese nobility ( memento from January 16, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ). Obituary in: NZZ am Sonntag . July 22, 2012
- Stefan von Bergen: Exceptional Berner with a connection to the future. In: Berner Zeitung . February 24, 2013
- Stefan von Bergen: How the bold publisher rubbed against Bern. In: Berner Zeitung. March 16, 2013
- Stefan von Bergen: How the publisher never lost his sovereignty even in retreat. In: Berner Zeitung. April 6, 2013
- ↑ Tamedia Espace AG , Internet excerpt, Commercial Register of the Canton of Bern, accessed on April 4, 2018.
- ^ A b Charles von Graffenried: July 19, 1925-10. July 2012 ( Memento from July 12, 2012 on WebCite ). Website of the Von Graffenried Group .
- ^ Charles von Graffenried. ( Memento from May 4, 2014 in the Internet Archive ). In: advertising week. August 18, 2005.
- ↑ Charles von Graffenried is dead. In: Berner Zeitung . July 11, 2012, accessed April 4, 2018.
- ^ A b Pietro Supino : "A role model, a human enrichment". In: Tages-Anzeiger . July 11, 2012, accessed April 4, 2018.
- ^ A b Publisher Charles von Graffenried has died. In: Handelszeitung . July 11, 2012, accessed April 4, 2018.
|SURNAME||Graffenried, Charles von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Graffenried, Karl Edmund von (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss lawyer, banker and publisher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 19, 1925|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bern|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 10, 2012|
|Place of death||Worb|