Claus Jürgen Diederichs
Claus Jürgen Diederichs (born June 14, 1941 in Neustrelitz , Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania ) is a German civil engineer. From 1981 to 2006 he was professor for construction industry and construction management at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal . Since 1979 he has been a publicly appointed and sworn expert for the Chamber of Industry and Commerce for Munich and Upper Bavaria for project management , accounting and fees in building construction and civil engineering.
Life and accomplishments
After high school graduation in 1961 and military service, he began studying civil engineering at the Technical University of Munich in 1962, specializing in structural engineering as well as construction operations and tunneling. In 1967 he graduated as a graduate engineer. In 1968 he took up a doctoral scholarship from the Volkswagen Foundation and in 1970 a postgraduate course in work and economics at the Technical University of Munich. He received his doctorate in 1969 as a Dr.-Ing. at the Chair of Tunneling and Construction Management at the Technical University of Munich with Georg Burkhardt on the topic of exogenous production conditions in network technology with special consideration of blocking periods .
From 1967 Diederichs worked in an engineering office in Munich. In 1968 he became a research assistant at the Technical University of Munich in the field of construction. From 1970 he moved back to an engineering office in Munich, where he became managing director. In 1978 he founded his company DU Diederichs management and project consulting in Eichenau near Munich. In 1981 Diederichs became professor of the newly created chair for construction industry and construction management at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal and headed it until 2006 with a focus on construction economics, corporate management, real estate and construction management as well as public and private construction law. The reputation caused u. a. the establishment of branches and project offices in Wuppertal and Bonn . After 1990 a branch was established in Berlin, which became the headquarters in 1996. Since 2002 Diederichs has been chairman of the supervisory board of DU Diederichs Projektmanagement AG & Co. KG.
From 1979 to 2009 he was and since 2014 he has also been a publicly appointed and sworn expert of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce for Munich and Upper Bavaria for project management , billing and fees in building construction and civil engineering. As part of a working group of the German Society for Project Management eV , he designed the project management performance as early as 1984. This became a basis for the investigations into the performance profile and the remuneration for project management, which, under his leadership, have found widespread use in German-speaking countries. In 1984 he co-founded the German Association of Project Managers in the Construction and Real Estate Industry (DVP) in Berlin, of which he was 1st Chairman from 1990 to 2004. In 2005 he was awarded the title of Honorary Chairman of the DVP. In 1986 he founded the Working Group of Professors for Construction, Construction and Construction Management (BBB) at technical universities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, which he headed until 2004. From 1990 to 2000 he was a lecturer at the EBS University for Economics and Law in Oestrich-Winkel and Berlin for project development and project management. In 1992 Diederichs founded the Institute for Construction Management at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal, which he headed until 2006. From 1993 to 2006 he was head of two specialist commissions at the Committee of the Associations and Chambers of Engineers and Architects for the Fee Regulations (AHO).
In June 2001 he was a founding member of the International Construction Project Management Association ICPMA in Cannes and from 2003 to 2004 he was the first chairman of the association.
Since 2001, Diederichs has been the main shareholder of DSB + IQ-Bau GbR Diederichs Peine Bau + Institut für Baumanagement, a specialist office for expert opinions on fee and remuneration issues based in Eichenau near Munich and branches / project offices in Berlin and Cologne. Since 2006 he has been working on an honorary basis in out-of-court dispute resolution as a member of the German Construction Court Conference . Diederichs was the initiator and, from 2003 to 2006, head of the accredited, extra-occupational further education course Master of Science in Real Estate Management + Construction Project Management at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal and the University of Reading near London and since 2010 at the Business School of the University of Aberdeen .
He wrote numerous papers on construction economics , corporate management and real estate and project management .
For many years, Diederichs has been trying to strengthen out-of-court dispute resolution in Germany. a. the adjudication . On December 19, 2013 he was elected chairman of the newly founded DGA-Bau German Society for Out-of- Court Dispute Resolution in the Construction Industry.
- 2005: Honorary Chairman of the German Association of Project Managers in the Construction and Real Estate Industry eV (DVP)
- 2007: Fellow of the Professional Association of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 2013 Out-of-court settlement of disputes - materials 1, series of publications by the DVP (ed.)
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 2010 Necessity of introducing legal adjudication as an out-of-court dispute settlement procedure in Germany as well
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 2007 Analysis and evaluation of software for project management, as head of the DVP IT Tools working group
- Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2011 Handbook for Civil Engineers, 2nd edition, Ed. Zilch, K./Diederichs, CJ / Katzenbach, R./Beckmann, KJ
- Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2006 Real estate management in the life cycle - project development, project management, facility management, real estate valuation, 2nd extended edition
- Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2005 Management Knowledge for Construction and Real Estate Experts 1 - Basics, 2nd expanded edition
- AHO, Bundesanzeiger-Verlag, Cologne, 2004 Working aids for the agreement of services and fees for the planning area “construction site clearance”, as head of the AHO commission “construction site clearance / contaminated sites”, issue No. 18
- Bauverlag, Wiesbaden - Berlin, 1996 manual of strategic and tactical construction company management
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 1994 Guide to the project management contract, in: Diederichs, CJ (Ed.): DVP-Informations 1994
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 1985 Profitability calculations, benefit-cost studies, general principles and special applications in construction
- DVP-Verlag, Berlin, 1984 Cost certainty in building construction
- 2000–2009: Co-editor of NZBau at Beck Verlag Frankfurt / M. - Munich.
- Festschrift for CJ Diederichs - personalities in 25 years - teaching and research area construction industry + construction management at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal: 1981–2006, ed. Gawlik, C./Offergeld, T./Willwerth, M., DVP-Verlag, Berlin 2006
- Literature by and about Claus Jürgen Diederichs in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of DU Diederichs Projektmanagement
- Homepage of DSB + IQ-Bau Diederichs Peine Construction experts
- Homepage of the International Construction Project Management Association (ICPMA)
- Homepage of DGA-Bau German Society for Extrajudicial Dispute Settlement in Construction
- ↑ AHO, Heft 9, Diederichs, CJ (lead), Bundesanzeiger-Verlag, Cologne, 2004 Investigations into the range of services, fees and commissioning of project management services in the construction and real estate industry - not available online
- ↑ RICS Germany: Diederichs to Fellow appointed ( Memento of the original of 17 May 2016 Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link is automatically inserted and not yet tested. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|SURNAME||Diederichs, Claus Jürgen|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German civil engineer and university lecturer for real estate and construction industry|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 14, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Neustrelitz|