Danny Fields , actually Daniel Feinberg (* 1941 in New York City ) is an American music manager . He is known for his influence on the genesis of punk . He managed MC5 , The Stooges , the Ramones , Steve Forbert , Jonathan Richman and The Modern Lovers , among others .
Danny Fields was, after a brief activity as a technical assistant in Andy Warhol's Factory , from 1966 employee of Elektra Records , where he worked with The Doors , Arthur Lee and Love , among others . He later moved to Atlantic Records . He also appeared as editor of 16 Magazine and worked as a columnist for SoHo Weekly News . From 1968 to 1969 he hosted a radio program two days a week for the then still young broadcaster WFMU in New Jersey.
In recent years Fields has been remembered for publications on the history of rock music and documentaries about musicians ( Nico , Ramones, Jeff Buckley ). In Jim Jarmusch's documentary Gimme Danger (USA 2016), Danny Fields spoke about the Stooges and the MC5, which he signed for Elektra at the same time in September 1968.
- With Randi Reisfeld: Who's your fave rave? New York, 1997 (musician profiles from 16 Magazine )
- With Cyrinda Foxe-Tyler: Dream on. Livin 'on the edge with Steven Tyler & Aerosmith . New York, 2000
- Linda McCartney . London, 2000
- My Ramones . Reel Art Press, London, 2018
- Jac Holzman : Follow the Music. The Life and High Times of Elektra Records in the Great Years of American Pop Culture , Santa Monica, 1998.
- Legs McNeil, Gillian McCain: Please Kill Me - the uncensored story of punk . Standard work on the history of punk from 1967–1992. With numerous interview contributions by Danny Fields. Koch International GmbH / Hannibal, 2004. ISBN 978-3-85445-237-9 .
- A Nice Jewish Boy . Biographical chapter on Danny Fields in: Steven Lee Beeber: The Heebie-Jeebies at CBGB's - A Secret History of Jewish Punk . Chicago Review Press, Chicago 2006. ISBN 978-1-55652-761-6
- Steven L Beeber: The Heebie-Jeebies in the CBGB's: The Jewish roots of punk , Ventil Verlag 2008, ISBN 978-3931555641 .
- Image by Danny Fields
- Danny Fields in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- "Not hippie, just happy" Danny Fields in an interview with Dirk Schneider in Die Tageszeitung (taz) on July 19, 2018.
- ↑ Jackson Steel: The Lexicon of Music Genres - What is Punk? neobooks 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American music manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York City|