|motto||Viam sapientiae monstrabo tibi.|
|place||Chicago , Illinois|
|president||Rev. Dennis H. Holtschneider, CM, Ed.D.|
|Foundation assets||$ 344.7 million|
|University sports||Big East Conference|
The DePaul University is a private university in Chicago in the US state of Illinois . Founded in 1898 as a Catholic university, it is now the largest private university in Illinois with around 24,000 students and the largest Catholic university in the United States. The DePaul “part-time” MBA course with more than 2,000 students has been one of the ten best in the USA for years (ranking: US News & World Report).
The university is spread over two locations: the older campus is in the Lincoln Park district , the newer one is in downtown Chicago's "Loop". There are four smaller outposts in the suburbs of Naperville , Lake Forest , Oak Forest , O'Hare, and Rolling Meadows .
The range of courses includes:
- Commerce / Economics
- IT, telecommunications
- New learning (adult education)
- law Sciences
DePaul University's sports teams are the Blue Demons . The university is a member of the Big East Conference .
Film, media and theater
- Gillian Anderson
- Judy Greer
- Linda Hunt
- Joe Mantegna
- Sean Gunn
- Michael Rooker
- John C. Reilly
- Michael Muhney
- Stana Katić
- Ramsey Lewis - jazz musician
- Ray Manzarek - rock musician ( The Doors )
- James Quinn - composer
- Chicago - jazz rock band
- George Mikan - basketball player
- Quentin Richardson - basketball player
- Mark Aguirre - basketball player
- Wilson Chandler - basketball player
- Members. In: www.fiuc.org. International Federation of Catholic Universities, accessed September 17, 2019 .