He grew up in Büderich (Werl) and studied musicology in Münster . He came to Berlin in 1978, where he continued his studies with Tibor Kneif at the Free University . He became the bassist of the new wave band Leningrad Sandwich , with whom he released three albums from 1982 to 1985. From 1982 to 1990 he was the organizer of Berlin Atonal , a festival for non-conforming music, where, among other things, Einstürzende Neubauten , Psychic TV and Malaria! occurred.
At Wrangelstrasse 95, he and other parties involved ran the fish office , a room for varied experiments, which moved to Köpenicker Strasse 6 in 1988. He founded the Interfisch label with Achim Kohlberger . The UFO in the basement of the building was the nucleus of the Berlin techno scene. After the UFO was closed in 1990, one of the most famous techno clubs in the world was opened in 1991 with the Tresor on Leipziger Strasse . With Tresor Records , a music label in the techno field was created at the same time .
In 1993 Hegemann opened the world restaurant at Markthalle IX in Berlin SO 36 and in 1994 on the opposite side of the street in a former snack bar based on a restaurant in his Westphalian homeland (Lippstadt) the Goldener Hahn . From 1997 to 2007 he managed the large restaurant Schwarzenraben in Berlin-Mitte .
From 2000 to 2009 he ran the Trompete restaurant in Berlin-Tiergarten together with Ben Becker and Sören Röhrs . In 2007 the Club Tresor was reopened after a two-year break in the former heating plant in Berlin-Mitte on Köpenicker Strasse.
In 2012, Hegemann founded the consulting agency Happy Locals , which wants to offer simple cultural offers especially for young people in smaller towns in order to counteract the population emigration.
The Berlin Atonal Festival has been continued at Kraftwerk Berlin since 2013 .
- Dimitri Hegemann at Discogs (English)
- 6 years Tresor Records at DeBug
- Dimitri Hegemann: "Angela should scream for joy" , Der Spiegel 1/2002, December 29, 2001
- Why are you always looking for spaces for subculture? at Deutschlandradio Kultur (August 12, 2014)
- Monika Willer: Techno Pope saves the province. Interview with Dimitri Hegemann on derwesten.de
- Commercial register entry Raw Kichi Berlin OHG at handelsregister-online.net, accessed on July 31, 2014
- Dimitri Hegemann ( Memento of the original from August 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at radioeins.de, accessed on July 31, 2014
- JG Baurmann, Bum Bum Bares, in: Die Zeit, August 27, 2015, p. 28.
- Happy Locals: Consulting - Agency for Young People , accessed on August 12, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Hegemann, Dietmar-Maria (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German cultural manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 26, 1954|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Werl|