Ernst Ferdinand (Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern)
Ernst Ferdinand von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern (born March 4, 1682 in Osterholz ; † April 14, 1746 in Braunschweig ) was one of the Dukes of Braunschweig and Lüneburg , Prince of Braunschweig-Bevern and founder of the younger Guelph line Braunschweig-Bevern.
He was born in 1682 as the fifth son of Ferdinand Albrechts I von Braunschweig-Bevern and Landgravine Christine von Hessen-Eschwege . On May 1, 1706, he joined the Prussian army as a colonel. In December of that year he followed his twin brother Ferdinand Christian († 1706) as provost of the Braunschweig monasteries of St. Blasius and St. Cyriakus . In 1711 he became major general and in 1713 he finished his army service. He married Eleonore Charlotte of Courland on August 4, 1714. After the death of the ruling Duke Ludwig Rudolf on March 1, 1735, Ernst Ferdinand's older brother Ferdinand Albrecht II took over the reign in the Principality of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel . Ernst Ferdinand then received Bevern as a paragium. He died in Braunschweig in 1746. The younger Braunschweig-Bevern line founded by him died out with his son Friedrich Karl Ferdinand in 1809.
He was married since 1714 to Eleonore Charlotte von Kurland (1686-1748), daughter of Casimir von Kurland , with whom he had a total of 13 children.
- August Wilhelm (1715–1781)
- Christine Sophie (1717–1779) ∞ Margrave Friedrich Ernst of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1703–1762)
- Friederike (1719–1772)
- Georg Ludwig (1721–1747)
- Ernestine (1721)
- Friedrich Georg (1723–1766)
- Amalie (1724-1726)
- Karl Wilhelm (1725)
- Friedrich August (1726–1729)
- Marie Anna (1728–1754)
- Friedrich Karl Ferdinand (1729–1809), Danish General Field Marshal
- Johann Anton (1731–1732)
- Christof Römer (Ed.): Braunschweig-Bevern. A royal house as a European dynasty, 1667–1884. Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum, Braunschweig 1997, pp. 57–58.
- Ferdinand Spehr : Ernst Ferdinand, Duke of Braunschweig-Bevern . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 6, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1877, p. 261.
|Ferdinand Albrecht II.||
Duke of Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern, Ernst Ferdinand von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel-Bevern|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 4, 1682|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Osterholz|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 14, 1746|
|Place of death||Braunschweig|