Ernst Rauscher von Stainberg
Ernst Rauscher came from an old family of ironworks; he attended the Benedictine high school in his hometown. Between 1852 and 1856 he studied at the Vienna Polytechnic and in 1857 at the Bergakademie in Leoben . Among other things, he also attended lectures at the University of Vienna .
After completing his studies, Rauscher von Stainberg settled as a freelance writer in his hometown. He was made an honorary citizen of Klagenfurt and in 1884 he was raised to the nobility. Supported by the writers Robert Hamerling and Karl von Holtei , he soon found his own style as a poet, playwright and epic poet. According to his own admission, he was also influenced by the Munich poet group Die Krokodile .
With this he also shared the exaggerated German national sentiment. His “Elegies from the Wörther See” in 1866 became an expression of his grief over the defeat in the Battle of Königgrätz . With a pathetic commitment to being German. He continues to focus on love, friendship and nature in his lyrical works.
From the philosophical fashion trends of his time, he did not think too much: the pessimism of Arthur Schopenhauer he refused as from ( "On Hochkar", 1877) as Eduard von Hartmann's Philosophy of the Unconscious ( "Antimor", 1873).
- Poems (1861)
- Poems (1864)
- Elegies from the Wörther See (1866, 1867)
- Nora (1869)
- Memorial Books (1871)
- New Poems (1881) ( digitized version )
- Arnoldstein's White Rose (new edition, no year)
- Im Wolschart (1894)
- The master's story (1896)
- Poetic story (1912)
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Rauscher, Ernst . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 25th part. Imperial and Royal Court and State Printing Office, Vienna 1873, p. 48 f. ( Digitized version ).
- D. Goltschnigg: Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 8, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1983, ISBN 3-7001-0187-2 , p. 443 f. (Direct links on , ). In:
- Literature by and about Ernst Rauscher von Stainberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by Ernst Rauscher von Stainberg in the Gutenberg-DE project
|SURNAME||Rauscher von Stainberg, Ernst|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Almwart, Ernst (pseudonym)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 3, 1834|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Klagenfurt , Carinthia , Austria|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 18, 1919|
|Place of death||Klagenfurt , Austria|