Ferdinand von Lobkowitz (politician)
Ferdinand von Lobkowitz , with full name Prince Maria Ferdinand Georg August Melchior von Lobkowitz , called Fede (born June 26, 1850 in Berschkowitz , Bohemia , † April 22, 1926 in Milan ) was a Bohemian-Austrian politician and the last Oberstlandmarschall of Bohemia.
Ferdinand was the son of General Joseph Franz Karl von Lobkowitz (1803–1875) and married Countess Ida Podstatzky- Lichtenstein (1865–1919) in Vienna in 1883, and they had six children.
Ferdinand graduated from a high school in Prague in 1868 and then studied law, which he completed with a doctorate . In 1871 he completed his military service and from 1875 on, managing his estates, developed into an agricultural specialist. He was a member of the Reichsrat from 1882–1884 and a member of the manor house from 1892–1918 . In addition, since 1883 he was a member of the Bohemian state parliament for the conservative large landowners .
On August 28, 1908, until the dissolution of the state parliament on July 25, 1913, he was the last Oberstlandmarschall of the Kingdom of Bohemia and thus chairman of the Bohemian government, the state committee . Because of the incapacity of the state parliament and because the finances were heading towards a catastrophe , Prime Minister Karl Stürgkh had the state parliament dissolved and Lobkowitz removed without holding new elections. In 1913 he was appointed Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece by the Emperor .
- ↑ Lobkowitz on genealogy.euweb.cz
- ↑ Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815-1950 . Volume 5, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften , Graz / Cologne ²1993, ISBN 3-7001-2146-6 , pp. 258f. As well as Monika Glettler: The Viennese Czechs around 1900. Structural analysis of a national minority in the big city . Verlag Oldenbourg, Munich 1972, ISBN 3-486-43821-2 , p. 608.
- ^ Ernst Rutkowski: Letters and documents on the history of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy . Volume 1: The constitutional large estates 1880-1899 . Verlag Oldenbourg, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-486-51831-3 , p. 67.
- ↑ Otto Urban: The Landtag of the Bohemian countries: The Bohemian Landtag . In: Helmut Rumpler, Peter Urbanitsch (ed.): The Habsburg Monarchy 1848-1918 . Volume VII: Constitution and parliamentarism , 2nd part: The regional representative bodies . Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 2000, ISBN 3-7001-2871-1 , pp. 1991–2055, here p. 2000.
- ^ Jörg Konrad Hoensch: History of Bohemia. From the Slavic conquest to the present . Verlag Beck, Munich 1997³, ISBN 3-406-41694-2 , p. 405.
|SURNAME||Lobkowitz, Ferdinand von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lobkowitz, Prince Maria Ferdinand Georg August Melchior von; Lobkowicz, Ferdinand von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian-Bohemian politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 26, 1850|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berschkowitz|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 22, 1926|
|Place of death||Milan|