A flood basin is a ditch that has been dug around a town, for example, or created by dikes and is intended to protect it from severe flooding in the event of a flood. This form of flood protection is part of technical flood protection .
There are flood channels, for example, in:
- Bad Oeynhausen ( Werre )
- Dresden ( Kaditz flood channel )
- Waldenburg (Saxony)
- Landshut ( flood basin Landshut )
- Magdeburg ( Elbe / Elbe flood canal / Pretziener weir )
- Zagreb (see Odra Canal )
- Rees on the Lower Rhine
- Flood basin Landshut on the website of the Landshut Water Management Office
- https://www.stadt-rees.de/tourismus-freizeit/rhein/flutmulde/ on the website of the city of Rees
- Ecclesiastical lands and possessions. In: Hildesheimer Geschichte (n) 815 - 1945. Retrieved on April 18, 2018 .