Friedrich Frank (politician, 1832)
Frank attended the Bavarian grammar school and university in Würzburg , as well as the Lyceum in Aschaffenburg . He was the author of several Christian works and editor of the magazines Auf der Warte and Auf, zum Herz Jesu . He was pastor in Wiesen and hospital pastor in Königshofen . Frank received his doctorate in theology in 1877 .
From 1875 to 1899 he was a member of the Bavarian Chamber of Deputies, first for the Patriot Party and from 1887 for the center for the constituencies of Aschaffenburg and Lohr . Between 1877 and 1878 he was a member of the German Reichstag for the constituency Upper Franconia 4 ( Kronach ) and the center .
Hermann Greive describes Frank as the protagonist of a more impartial relationship between Catholics and Judaism. Frank also publicly opposed the anti-Semitic propaganda of ritual murders committed by Jews and Christians. However, Frank shares the theological rejection of the Jews as a people. The Jews appear as parasites as punishment for the death of God, Frank uses the symbol of the "creeper", Jews are currently and historically criticized as economic subjects because of their "usury"; at the same time he says that Christians also proliferate and that the Talmud forbids excessive profits. Frank is against special laws against Jews. A devout Catholic must not be an anti-Semite.
- The penitential discipline of the church from the apostolic times to the seventh century , Mainz, 1867, digitized 
- The Church and the Jews . A study. 3rd, new through. & with a chapter division vers. Edition - Publishing company formerly GJ Manz , Regensburg 1893.
The ritual murder in the courts of truth and justice. Regensburg 1901
- Supplements to "The ritual murder in the courts of truth and justice". ibid. 1902
- Anton Bettelheim (Hrsg.): Biographisches Jahrbuch and German Nekrolog. Vol. 9. Reimer, Berlin 1904
- Wilhelm Kosch , continued by Eugen Kuri: Biographisches Staats Handbuch. Francke, Bern 1963
- Werner Eugen Mosse & Arnold Paucker , eds .: Jews in Wilhelmine Germany 1890–1914. An anthology. Mohr-Siebeck , Tübingen 1998 ISBN 3161470745
here: The Church and the Jews. A study. 3rd ed. 1893
- Friedrich Frank in the parliamentary database at the House of Bavarian History
- Friedrich Frank in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Friedrich Frank's biography . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Helmut Walser Smith: The Butcher's Tale. Murder and Antisemitism in a German Town . Norton, New York 2002, pp. 116-117 .
- in the anthology: Mosse u. a., 1998, pp. 368-374
- F. turned very clearly against anti-Semitism and the ritual murder incitement . Online see web links
- Frank passim, 18 mentions. Book readable and searchable online in internet commerce. Several of Frank's writings are listed to be used as an alternative bibliography, as the DNB does not have a single title for Frank.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Catholic clergyman and politician (center), MdR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 17, 1832|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wirtheim|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 24, 1904|
|Place of death||Wurzburg|