Fuxin ( 阜新 市 , Fùxīn Shì ) is a prefecture -level city in northeast China's Liaoning Province . It has an area of 10,445 km² and a population of 1,923,000 (2010). Fuxin is in the north of the province and borders the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region .
Administratively, Fuxin is made up of five boroughs, a district and an autonomous district:
- Haizhou district (海 州 区), 97 km², approx. 280,000 inhabitants;
- Xinqiu district (新 邱 区), 128 km², approx. 90,000 inhabitants;
- Taiping district (太平区), 108 km², approx. 180,000 inhabitants;
- Qinghemen district (清河 门 区), 105 km², approx. 70,000 inhabitants;
- Xihe District (细 河 区), 126 km², approx. 160,000 inhabitants;
- Zhangwu County (彰武 县), 3,635 km², approx. 410,000 inhabitants;
- Fuxin Autonomous District of the Mongols (阜新 蒙古族 自治县), 6,246 km², approx. 730,000 inhabitants.