Liaoyang ( 辽阳 市 , Liáoyáng Shì ) is a prefecture-level city in northeast China 's Liaoning Province . It has an area of 4,741 km² and 1,835,000 inhabitants (2010). In 1904 the Battle of Liaoyang in the Russo-Japanese War took place here, which the Russian army lost to the Japanese army . Liaoyang is an important location for Northeast China's heavy industry.
- Baita district (白塔 区), 24 km², 210,000 inhabitants;
- Wensheng District (文 圣 区), 38 km², 180,000 inhabitants;
- Hongwei District (宏伟 区), 59 km², 110,000 inhabitants;
- Gongchangling District (弓 长岭 区), 288 km², 90,000 inhabitants;
- Taizihe district (太子 河 区), 148 km², 120,000 inhabitants;
- City of Dengta (灯塔 市), 1,331 km², 510,000 inhabitants;
- Liaoyang County (辽阳 县), 2,853 km², 590,000 inhabitants, capital: Shoushan Township (首 山镇).
sons and daughters of the town
- Toshiko Akiyoshi (jazz pianist)
- Liaoyang - travelogue
- Link to the social situation and the workers' uprisings in Daquing and Liaoyang (older information)
- English-language article from the Encyclopaedia Britannica on the history of Liaoyang