GMS Dr. Young
The GMS Dr. Jung GmbH ( GMS for short for Society for Market and Social Research , also known as GMS Institute ) is an institute for qualitative and quantitative market research based in Hamburg , which also offers consulting services. The institute is particularly active in the telecommunications and financial markets as well as in the field of political and social research. According to its own information, the company employs five people and has an annual turnover of 1.1 million euros.
In March 1998 Helmut Jung founded GMS Dr. Jung Society for Market and Social Research mbH . In 2007 the company was transferred to GMS Consult GmbH , which was renamed GMS Dr. Jung GmbH was renamed, merged and deleted.
Helmut Jung was managing director of the institute until April 2014. After the sale of his company shares to Rainer Arenz, managing partner of ARIS survey research, Helmut Jung resigned from his position as managing director for reasons of age, but continued to work at GMS. The two opinion research institutes ARIS and GMS have been working together since GMS was founded.
The polling results of GMS Dr. Jung are received in numerous German-language media, for example by Die Welt and N24 , Zeit Online , Neue Zürcher Zeitung and many more. The website Wahlrecht.de has been collecting the survey results of GMS regularly since 2002 in the category If the federal election would take place next Sunday ...
The surveys were commissioned by the television broadcaster Sat.1 , the employers' association Gesamtmetall , the CSU- related Hanns Seidel Foundation , the pharmaceutical company Hexal and the Association of Bavarian Business .
2008: Survey affair in Bavaria
The GMS Institute played a central role in an affair involving CSU- oriented opinion polls by the Bavarian State Chancellery in 2008. The institute had received orders for controversially expensive studies from tax revenues. One study contained suggestions on how the CSU could weaken political opponents. She voted to seek the conflict with the coalition partner FDP . In 2011, the controversial opinion polls led to a warning from the President of the Bundestag to the Bavarian Prime Minister Horst Seehofer . According to the Bundestag administration, there was no violation of the political party law .
In the work Die neue Macht der Bürger published by the political scientist Franz Walter in 2013 , doubts are expressed about a finding by the GMS Institute. On behalf of the Association of Bavarian Business , GMS found that 51 percent of those surveyed were in favor of a faster expansion of the power grid even if overhead lines ran through residential areas and landscapes, which contradicted various studies and surveys by other institutes.
- Dr. Helmut Jung goes into business for himself . In: Horizont , March 19, 1998, accessed March 28, 2017.
- Company. ( Memento of the original from March 11, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Website of the GMS Dr. Jung GmbH, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Hamburg District Court , HRB 65169.
- Hamburg District Court, HRB 65169: Deletion of the GMS Dr. Jung Gesellschaft für Markt- und Sozialforschung mbH dated October 19, 2007, announced on October 22, 2007, accessed in the company register on March 28, 2017.
- Hamburg District Court, HRB 60319: Change notification from GMS Consult GmbH of October 19, 2007, announced on October 22, 2007, accessed in the company register on March 28, 2017.
- Dr. Helmut Jung . In: Kressköpfe , accessed on March 28, 2017.
- ARIS managing director Rainer Arenz takes over shares in GMS Dr. Jung GmbH . Marktforschung.de, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Dramatic crash for Union in new survey . welt.de, June 2, 2016, accessed on March 29, 2017.
- Merkel's lead is shrinking . In: Zeit Online , March 1, 2017, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Marie-José Kolly, David Bauer: Bundestag election in Germany - How the NZZ shows polls on the Bundestag election - and why . In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung , March 20, 2017, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- GMS (Society for Market and Social Research) - If there were parliamentary elections next Sunday ... In: Wahlrecht.de , accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Wolfgang Wittl: Scheuer explains the CSU's poll value as “Berlin-Malus” . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , September 15, 2016, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Nikolaus Doll: The German economy fears the collapse of the EU . In. welt.de, March 6, 2017, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Lorenz Storch: Democracy Study: Good location, bad mood . ( Memento from March 30, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) In: BR.de , February 11, 2017.
- Hexal demands quotas for biosimilars . In: Pharmazeutische Zeitung , No. 40/2010, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Bureaucratic burdens from the company's point of view . Position paper of the Association of Bavarian Business , May 2016, accessed on March 28, 2017 (PDF; 8.3 MB).
- Mike Szymanski: Survey affair: GMS Institute - The house and yard demoskop of the CSU . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , August 17, 2010, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Bundestag administration acquits CSU . In: Zeit Online , July 15, 2011, accessed on March 28, 2017.
- Stine Marg , Christoph Hermann, Verena Hambauer, Ana Belle Becke: "If you want to do something for nature, don't put any masts there" . In: Franz Walter (ed.): The new power of the citizens: What motivates the protest movements? Rowohlt Verlag, 2013, ISBN 978-3-498-07254-4 , pp. 94-138 (see reviews at Perlentaucher ).