Georg Gottlieb Pusch
From 1806 Pusch studied mining at the Bergakademie Freiberg and joined the Erzgebirge Landsmannschaft ( Corps Montania ). From 1811 he studied law at the University of Leipzig and was active in the Corps Lusatia Leipzig . From 1816 to 1826 he worked as a professor of chemistry and metallurgy at the Bergakademie Kielce / Poland. In 1828 he took part in the natural scientist congress in Berlin called by Alexander von Humboldt and gave a keynote address on the structure of the Carpathian Mountains . Until 1834 he belonged to the mining department of Warsaw, then he was a mint master until 1842at the mint there, Bergrat, chief of the mountain and hut management. He carried out pioneering work in scientific fields that were still unexplored at the time. He published numerous papers on mineral chemistry, geology and mining science. His research trips earned him the reputation of a “Polish Humboldt”. Pushch died in the year of the Wielkopolska Uprising (1846) .
- Geognostic catechism or instructions for practical geognosing for prospective miners and geologists, ..., Craz and Gerlach. Freiburg 1819 , 212 pages and offered in the auction from July 10, 1828 from the collection of the postmaster Schuster, who died in Nuremberg , by the auctioneer Johann Lorenz Schmidmer (1779–1831).
- Carl Schiffner : From the life of old Freiberg mountain students . 3 volumes. Maukisch, Freiberg 1935–1940.
- Kösener on postage stamps . In: Deutsche Corps-Zeitung 63rd year 1962, 1, , p. 26.
- Krzysztof Zielnica: Polonica with Alexander von Humboldt. A contribution to German-Polish academic relations in the first half of the 19th century. Akademie Verlag, Berlin 2004, ISBN 3-05-003867-5 ( Contributions to Alexander von Humboldt Research 23), pp. 195–203.
- No. 33 of the list of members of the Erzgebirge Landsmannschaft, in: Max Blau / Gottfried Schilling: Chronicle of Saxo-Montania zu Freiberg and Dresden in Aachen , Part 1: Corps Montania Freiberg / Saxony 1798–1935, Marburg 1977, pp. 37, 38 .
- Kösener Corpslisten 1960, 3 , 58
- Frank Hahn :: Alexander von Humboldt and Poland ( Memento of October 10, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Geognostic Catechism or Instructions for Practical Geognosing for Budding Miners and Geognostics., Google Books, online , with appendix
- Directory of the collection of books, oil paintings, copperplate engravings, water and enamel paintings, ... of the post office maestro Schustern who died in Nuremberg ..., Google Books, online , p. 12, item 283.
|SURNAME||Pusch, Georg Gottlieb|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Pusz, Jerzy Bogumił|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German geologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 15, 1790|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kohren-Sahlis , Electorate of Saxony|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 2, 1846|
|Place of death||Warsaw , Greater Poland|