Gerrit Hornung (born February 13, 1976 in Kassel ) is a German legal scholar and professor of public law , IT law and environmental law at the University of Kassel .
Hornung studied law and philosophy at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg from 1996 to 2001 and passed his first state examination there in 2001. An LL.M. followed from 2001 to 2002. - Graduated from the University of Edinburgh . Following Hornung was a research associate in the of Alexander Roßnagel led project group Constitutionally Compatible Technology Design (provet) at Kassel University and received his doctorate there in 2005. From 2004 to 2006 he completed the traineeship at the Higher Regional Court and put there the second legal state examination. From 2006 to 2011 he was again a research assistant at the University of Kassel , where he completed his habilitation in 2013 and received the Venia legendi for public law, European law , technical law and legal theory .
From 2011 to 2015 Hornung was Professor of Public Law, IT Law and Legal Informatics at the University of Passau and spokesman for the Institute for IT Security and Security Law (ISL). Since 2015 he has been Professor of Public Law, IT Law and Environmental Law at the University of Kassel and Director of the Scientific Center for Information Technology Design (ITeG). His work focuses on the constitutional fundamentals of IT law, e-government, IT-supported business processes, legal questions of information technology investigation and security measures, data protection and IT security law as well as the legal innovation theory. His area of expertise conducts interdisciplinary collaborative research projects on these topics.
In 2006 Hornung was awarded the Science Prize of the German Foundation for Law and Informatics for his dissertation “Digital Identity”.
- The digital identity. Legal problems of chip card IDs: digital identity card, electronic health card, JobCard procedure, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, Baden-Baden 2005, ISBN 3-8329-1455-2 , full text retrieval .
- Passport Act and Identity Card Act. Commentary (with Jan Möller), Verlag CHBeck, Munich 2011, ISBN 3-4066-1579-1 .
- Legal Handbook Social Media (edited with Ralf Müller-Terpitz ), Springer Verlag, Heidelberg 2015, ISBN 3-6423-8191-X .
- Fundamental rights innovations. Habilitation thesis, Jus Publicum series, Mohr Siebeck Verlag, Tübingen 2015, ISBN 3-1615-3227-9 .
- Data protection law. GDPR with BDSG (ed. With Spiros Simitis and Indra Spiecker called Döhmann ), Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft, Baden-Baden 2019, ISBN 978-3-8487-3590-7 .
- Literature by and about Gerrit Hornung in the catalog of the German National Library .
- Web presence at the University of Kassel
- ↑ Sponsorship awards | German Foundation for Law and Informatics (DSRI). Retrieved June 10, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 13, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||kassel|