Dickhuth studied law at the Silesian Friedrich Wilhelms University and was active in the Corps Borussia Breslau in 1844 . Syndic of the city of Wroclaw since 1865 , he was elected second mayor in 1879 . He was a member of the Wroclaw kennel society , in which the conservative bourgeoisie Wroclaw and the Silesian landed gentry were represented. The board of directors of the Silesian Society for Patriotic Culture elected him unanimously on April 8, 1889 as general secretary. Dickhuth was the model for the statue of the council clerk at the town hall in Breslau by Oskar Rassau , 1892. In 1892 he retired at the age of 67. He died the following year. His sons are Eugen Dickhuth (October 13, 1859 - December 16, 1929), Ministerialrat in the Central Administration of Public Debt in Berlin, and Dr. phil. Max Dickhuth (December 27, 1863 - June 6, 1926), like his father, both members of the Corps Borussia in Breslau.
- Go Government Council
- Honorary Citizen of Wroclaw (1892)
- Honorary member of the Corps Borussia Breslau
- Order of the Red Eagle 3rd class with the ribbon
- Order of the Crown of Romania
- Dickhuth Street in Breslau, between Kaiserbrücke and Scheitniger Straße (today: ul.Nauczycielska, between most Grunwaldzki and ul.Szczytnicka)
- Monument in Wroclaw
- Archives of the Corps Borussia Breslau
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 29/254
- Till van Rahden: Jews and other Breslauers . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht 2000 (GoogleBooks)
- Till van Rahden, Jews and other Breslauer (= critical studies on historical science . Volume 139). Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 2000 ( Google books ).
- Klaus Klöppel: Breslau. Lower Silesia and its millennial capital . Berlin 2014 (GoogleBooks)
- still image (flickr)
- Honorary Citizen of Wroclaw (Polish) ( Memento of the original from June 5, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Dickhut, Gustav|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German administrative lawyer, Second Mayor of Wroclaw|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 2, 1825|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Naumburg am Queis , Bunzlau district|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 17, 1893|
|Place of death||Wroclaw|