The Hörningplatz is an inner-local, undeveloped Schmuckplatz manner of a landscaped park area in the district Oberlößnitz and at the edge of Serkowitz the Saxon town of Radebeul . The square is spanned by the beginning of Bennostrasse in the north, Hoflößnitzstrasse in the east and the Lößnitzgrundstrasse, which runs diagonally in the southwest. The intersection of Lößnitzgrundstraße with Hoflößnitzstraße in the south also crosses Nizzastraße .
Numerous buildings on the outside of the lined streets are under monument protection and are therefore listed in the list of cultural monuments in Radebeul-Oberlößnitz and the list of cultural monuments in Radebeul-Serkowitz :
- on the north side: Bennostraße 3
- on the northeast corner: House Leonhardt (Bennostraße 7) with a park protected as a work of landscape and garden design
- on the east side: Bennostraße 2 , Hoflößnitzstraße 6
- on the southeast corner: Hoflößnitzstraße 4 with a park protected as a work of landscaping and gardening
- on the southwest corner: Nizzastraße 12
- on the southwest side: Villa Agnes (Lößnitzgrundstraße 2)
In addition, the Grundschänke stood on the west side for about 125 years until the year 2000 .
The square is named after Bruno Hörning (1868–1935), the municipal councilor and mayor of Oberlößnitz (1904–1933). He received this honor in 1929 for his 25th anniversary in office.
Between 1974 and 1999 the place was called Dr.-Salvador-Allende-Platz.
- Volker Helas (arrangement): City of Radebeul . Ed .: State Office for Monument Preservation Saxony, Large District Town Radebeul (= Monument Topography Federal Republic of Germany . Monuments in Saxony ). SAX-Verlag, Beucha 2007, ISBN 978-3-86729-004-3 .
- Hörningplatz. In: Gudrun Täubert; Frank Andert: jewelry places in Radebeul; yesterday and today . In: Association for Monument Preservation and New Building Radebeul (ed.): Contributions to the urban culture of the city of Radebeul . Radebeul 2010, p. 35-42 .