|H&R GmbH & Co. KGaA
|legal form||GmbH & Co. KGaA|
|Seat||Salzbergen , Germany|
|management||Niels H. Hansen, CEO|
|Number of employees||1664 (2018)|
|sales||1,114.2 million euros (2018)|
|As of December 31, 2018|
As a specialty chemicals company, H&R GmbH & Co. KGaA is active in the development and manufacture of chemical-pharmaceutical special products based on crude oil and in the production of precision plastic parts .
On December 16, 1919, Heinrich Hansen and Emil Rosenthal founded Hansen & Rosenthal as dealers of white oils and vaselines . The collaboration with the Julius Schindler oil works began in the early 1920s . In the 1960s, the company expanded the value chain from trading to the production and bottling of white oils. In 1994, H&R took over the Salzbergen refinery from Wintershall .
Today's company was created in 2001 through the merger of the lubricant refinery Salzbergen GmbH with WASAG -Chemie AG and the purchase of BP's specialty business with the refinery in Hamburg - Neuhof (formerly Oelwerke Julius Schindler ) in 2004. The sale took place in 2007 of WASAG's explosives activities to the Spanish-Italian consortium Maxam Pravisani. In the 2008 financial year, the group broke the sales threshold of one billion euros for the first time.
As of August 1, 2011, the name of the company was changed from H&R WASAG AG to H&R AG , following a resolution by the general meeting in May 2011.
The company is an international group with two business areas: the large chemical-pharmaceutical area, which focuses on crude oil-based specialties, and the significantly smaller plastics area. In the 2011 financial year, the chemical-pharmaceutical sector was responsible for around 96% of group sales.
As a result of the new regulations of the International Financial Reporting Standards , the Chemical-Pharmaceutical Raw Materials division was divided into two segments at the beginning of 2009.
In the National Chemical-Pharmaceutical Raw Materials segment, the two chemical-pharmaceutical production facilities, the refineries in Hamburg-Neuhof and Salzbergen, are combined. After the capacity of both plants has been expanded considerably in recent years, the added value of the refineries is currently being increased with further investments.
The Chemical-Pharmaceutical Raw Materials International segment includes numerous mixing and conversion plants as well as sales activities in almost all parts of the world (see locations outside Germany). The targeted further internationalization through organic and, in the case of appropriate opportunities, through takeovers as well as through cooperations for the production of particularly high-growth specialties should also allow this segment to continue growing profitably.
The smaller plastics division, which specializes in the production of precision plastic parts and the necessary molds, was restructured in 2009. In addition to the important customer base from the automotive industry, a realignment of the product portfolio on high-growth future markets such as medical and industrial technology is being promoted.
|Niels H. Hansen||60.45%|
The shares are listed in the Nisax20 .
- Karin Geerdes: The oil works in Salzbergen - 150 years of living industrial history. 2010.
- Theo Müller, Annette Schlapkohl: 100 years of Schindler. Chronicle of a Hamburg company. Husum Druck und Verlagsgesellschaft, 2008, ISBN 978-3-89876-426-1 .
- Maximiliane Worch: Series: Family Business on the Stock Exchange. Part 12: H&R Wasag - The chemistry is right. In: GoingPublic issue 3/2011, pp. 34–35.
- Annual Report 2018. (PDF) In: hur.com. Retrieved November 25, 2019 .
- History - From a family to a global company. (No longer available online.) H&R, archived from the original on February 11, 2017 ; accessed on February 16, 2018 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Merger should lead the refinery into a bright future; Lingener Tagespost dated August 25, 2001 ( memento of the original dated July 3, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- In the oil rush; Homepage of the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce / company portraits ( Memento from March 27, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- H&R WASAG sells explosives activities to Maxam / Pravisani. In: Finanz.net , April 26, 2007.
- cf. H&R AG press release of August 1, 2011 ( memento of the original of April 14, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Company portrait of H&R AG on www.comdirect.de
- Finanz.net , Financial Report, accessed October 30, 2015.