|German title||Hot boyz|
|Original title||Hot boyz|
|Country of production||United States|
|length||92/88 (shortened) minutes|
|Age rating||FSK 18/16 (shortened)|
Cheddy D. Hart
The film begins with a chase in a port district, during which the African American Kool flees from police cars in his car. His car falls into the water. At that moment his voiceover says that the film would show how he was made a gangster. Events six months ago are shown in a flashback .
Kool is not well educated; he dreams of becoming a successful rapper. His friend LaShawna fights her own mother to be with Kool.
LaShawna takes on a badly injured policeman on the street who dies in her arms. She is suspected of the act and arrested. Kool agrees to become an informant for Police Officer Tully so that LaShawna can be released. He gathers information incriminating the drug dealer Saint - until he learns that Saint is working with one of the police officers.
Kool and his friends form the Hot Boyz gang . Kool is betrayed and arrested.
Ryan Cracknell wrote in the Apollo Movie Guide that it was a " sad sign " that films like this were being made. The film is not only lacking in entertainment value, it neither proves nor has anything meaningful to say about the world. The film is a big step backwards for the genre of films showing urban gangs. The script contains numerous clichés and stereotypes. At the end of the text, the critic mocked the clothing worn in the film and asked Master P to try something other than filmmaking.
The magazine TV direkt 15/2007 wrote that the people shown in the film would leave the audience “ pretty cold ”.
- Hot Boyz in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Hot Boyz at rotten tomatoes (English)
- Comparison of the cut versions FSK 16 - FSK 18 by Hot Boyz at Schnittberichte.com
- Criticism by Ryan Cracknell, accessed on July 31, 2007 ( Memento of the original from September 27, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- TV direkt 15/2007, page 127