In his childhood Reulecke was a member of a young Catholic group. He studied history , German and philosophy at the Universities of Münster, Bonn and Bochum. In 1972 he received his doctorate under Wolfgang Köllmann and in 1979 his habilitation. From 1984 to 2003 he was Professor of Modern and Contemporary History at the University of Siegen . In the college year Reulecke was a research fellow at the Historical College in Munich. Since 2003 he has taught at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen and was spokesman for the Collaborative Research Center “Cultures of Remembrance”. He is a member of the PEN Center Germany .
In 1985 Reulecke was elected a full member of the Historical Commission for Westphalia .
- A young generation in the trenches: “The wanderer between both worlds” by Walter Flex . In: Dirk van Laak : Literature that wrote history . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht , Göttingen 2011, ISBN 978-3-525-30015-2
- Bergisch miniatures . Klartext , Essen 2010
- 100 years of youth hostels 1909–2009. (Together with Barbara Stambolis ). Klartext, Essen 2009.
- Children of war in East Germany and Poland , vbb, Verlag für Berlin-Brandenburg, 2008
- Sciences in the 20th Century . Steiner, Stuttgart 2008
- Sons without fathers . Chr. Links, Berlin 2004
- (Ed.): Generationality and life history in the 20th century (= writings of the Historisches Kolleg. Colloquia 58) . Munich 2003, ISBN 978-3-486-56747-2 ( digitized version ).
- The Ruhr area and “public health” . Klartext, Essen 2001
- Return to the distance . Juventa, Weinheim 1997
- Balancing act with a headscarf . Ed. Körber Foundation, Hamburg 1997
- History of urbanization in Germany , Suhrkamp, Frankfurt am Main 1992
- as ed. with Diethart Kerbs : Handbook of German Reform Movements 1880–1933. Wuppertal 1998.
- Literature by and about Jürgen Reulecke in the catalog of the German National Library
- Personal page on the website of the University of Giessen
- F. Bajohr et al. a. (Ed.), More than a short story. Contemporary historical perspectives on the Federal Republic. Göttingen 2016. p. 53.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 12, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf|