Hackaert had traveled to Germany and Switzerland in his youth and painted landscapes from these areas. After his return he settled in the Hague. His paintings, some of which are in Amsterdam ( Rijksmuseum ), Munich ( Pinakothek ), Dresden and Saint Petersburg ( Hermitage ), have been decorated by Adriaen van de Velde , Johannes Lingelbach and others. The year of his death is unknown. As an artist he occupies a middle position between the Nordic and southern directions of Dutch landscape painting .
- Mountainous landscape with a steep rock wall, canvas, 64 × 77 cm. Hamburg, art gallery .
- Beech forest with hunting party, canvas, 68 × 59 cm. Schleissheim, castle.
- The Lake Trasimeno , canvas, 82 x 145 cm. Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum .
- Aspen alley with hunting party going out, canvas, 66 × 54 cm. Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum.
- Deer hunt at the edge of the forest, canvas, 121 × 102 cm. Leningrad, Hermitage .
- Landscape at sunset, canvas, 67 × 76 cm. Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum.
- Landscape in southern Switzerland, canvas, 168 × 242 cm. Copenhagen, Statens Museum for Kunst .
- Landscape with a bridge, canvas, 111 × 136 cm. Copenhagen, Statens Museum for Kunst.
- Landscape with Herd of Cattle, 1668, canvas, 77 × 98 cm. Berlin, State Museums Foundation (West), Picture Gallery
- The Swiss views in 42 panels 1653–1656
- Proof of baptism Joannes Hacquaert Archive link ( Memento of the original from December 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch painter and etcher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 1, 1628|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Amsterdam|
|DATE OF DEATH||around 1700|
|Place of death||Amsterdam|