The French author wrote surrealistic -absurde poetry and the theater of the absurd committed one act play called "chamber pieces" ( Théatre de chambre , 1955). The main themes of these pieces are language clichés as well as theater and general social conventions.
As a co-founder of the cultural program in French post-war radio - in particular the Club d'Essai (1946) and the Atelier de Création Radiophonique (1969) - Tardieu assumed a similar mediating position between artists or intellectuals and the electronic mass media as his German colleague Alfred Andersch . Another focus was the area of classical and modern music. Tardieu acted from 1954 to 1969 as head of the FM program "France IV Haute Fidelité" (later France Musique - Radio France ).
- Monsieur Monsieur , 1951
- Théâtre de Chambre , 1955
- Poèmes à jouer , 1960
- Art Association Apollo or How to Talk About Art
- Different peoples - different customs
- One word for the other
- The desk
- Who's there?
- Faust and Yorick , 1966
- You alone know
- Les amants du métro (The lovers in the subway)
- One custom for the other (play)
- My imaginary museum , Suhrkamp, 1965
- Literature by and about Jean Tardieu in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Jean Tardieu in the WorldCat bibliographic database
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French poet, playwright and radio pioneer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1903|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saint-Germain-de-Joux|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 27, 1995|
|Place of death||Créteil|