Jens Petersen (lawyer, 1969)
Petersen was born on June 30, 1969 in the Lower Rhine region . He spent his youth and school days in Xanten . After high school at Stiftsgymnasium Xanten he completed the study of law at the Free University of Berlin (1990-1991), the University of Geneva (1991-1992) and the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (1992-1994).
Petersen passed the first state examination in law in 1994 in Munich . From 1994 to 1997 he was a research assistant for Dieter Medicus at the LMU Munich. There he received his doctorate in 1996 and passed his second state examination in law the following year, also in Munich. From 1997 to 2001 he worked as assistant to Gerhard Ries at the Leopold Wenger Institute at LMU Munich. In 2001 he completed his habilitation with Claus-Wilhelm Canaris .
Since October 2001 he has been Professor of Civil Law, German and International Business Law at the University of Potsdam. Since 2002 he has been co-editor of the legal training magazine Juristic Education (Jura) .
On January 23, 2017, Petersen was awarded the Jürgen Prölss Prize.
- Duty to tolerate and environmental liability - The relationship between § 906 BGB and the Environmental Liability Act ; dissertation
- The protection of creditors in conversion law ; Habilitation
- Media law ; Textbook
- General law of obligations, exam repetition
- The oral exam in the first state examination in law (2005)
- Wilhelm von Humboldt's Ideas in the Light of Anglo-American Legal Philosophy (2007 2 )
- Von der Interest Jurisprudenz zur Wertungsjurisprudenz (2001) deals with the change in methods in German civil law in the 20th century
- Civil Law - A presentation of exam preparation, arranged according to the basis of entitlements (2015 25 ); together with Dieter Medicus , who died in 2015 ; Exam preparation
- Max Weber's Legal Sociology and Legal Methodology (2014 2 )
- Freie Universität Berlin, accessed on January 26, 2017 ( Memento from May 22, 2017 in the Internet Archive )
- Official website
- Literature by and about Jens Petersen in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 30, 1969|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kalkar|