Joey Baron worked with Marianne Faithfull , Bill Frisell , Stan Getz and John Zorn ( Masada: Alef , 1994). He has also played with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra , Tony Bennett , Carmen McRae , Laurie Anderson , John Scofield , Al Jarreau , Jim Hall , Eric Vloeimans , Dizzy Gillespie , Art Pepper , John Abercrombie and Tim Berne . Baron played alongside his sideman appearances in his own formations, such as with the "Down Home Group" (with Arthur Blythe , Ron Carter and Bill Frisell), Barondown and Killer Joey . In his solo projects, Joey Baron is influenced by Ornette Coleman's harmonious approaches , and he also uses elements of Afro-American music, hip hop and free jazz . Joey Baron has an appearance in the documentary about Fred Frith Step Across the Border by Nicolas Humbert and Werner Penzel.
- 1988 - Miniature (JMT) with Tim Berne, Hank Roberts
- 1991 - Live (JMT) with Bill Frisell and Kermit Driscoll
- 1991 - Tongue In Groove (JMT) with Steve Swell , Ellery Eskelin
- 1991 - RA Isedpleasuredot (JMT) (dto.)
- 1997 - Down Home (Intuition) with Arthur Blythe, Bill Frisell, Ron Carter
- 2000 - We'll Soon Find Out (Intuition)
- 2018 - Live! (Intact), with Irène Schweizer
- 2018 - Joe Lovano / Dave Douglas Soundprints: Scandal ( Greenleaf )
- 2019 - Mixmonk (Universal), with Bram De Looze and Robin Verheyen
- Joey Baron. Biography and pictures at Drummerworld
- Joey Baron: Just Say Yes. Interview at All about Jazz (English)
- Richard Cook , Brian Morton : The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD, LP and Cassette . 2nd Edition. Penguin, London 1994, ISBN 0-14-017949-6 .
- Richard Cook, Brian Morton: The Penguin Guide of Jazz on CD. 6th edition. Penguin, London 2002, ISBN 0-14-051521-6 .
- Morton & Cook 1994, p. 83
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American jazz drummer and composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 26, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Richmond , Virginia , United States|