Johannes Heinrichs (historian)
Johannes Heinrichs (born November 1, 1956 in Langerwehe ) is a German ancient historian .
Johannes Heinrichs studied history and classical philology at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn from 1977 to 1985 . In January 1985 he passed the 1st state examination. Until 1987, he did a doctoral degree in the subjects of Ancient History, Medieval and Modern History, and Latin . The doctorate took place in 1988 with Johannes Straub and Gerhard Wirth . This was followed by a position as a research assistant at the Medical History Institute of the University of Bonn until 1989. Heinrichs then moved to Werner Eck's chair at the University of Cologne . In 1993 he also taught briefly as a visiting professor at King's College of the University of London . In 1997 Heinrichs completed his habilitation in Cologne and then became senior assistant and since 2002 a scientific employee at the Institute for Classical Studies. In the second third of 2006 Heinrichs was also an employee at the Prosopographia Imperii Romani of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences . He held several professorships: 1998/99 at the Ruhr University Bochum , 2000 and 2004 at the University of Cologne and 2003/04 and 2005/06 at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen , after which he taught in Cologne as an adjunct professor represented the chair for ancient history at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena .
Heinrichs worked as an author on several large projects, such as the Prosopographia Imperii Romani, the New Pauly and the Reallexikon der Germanischen Altertumskunde . He is considered one of the best connoisseurs of Celtic coins.
- Editor with Gerhard Wirth and Karl-Heinz Schwarte : Romanitas - Christianitas. Research on the history and literature of the Roman Empire. Dedicated to Johannes Straub on the occasion of his 70th birthday on October 18, 1982. de Gruyter, Berlin - New York 1982, ISBN 3-11-008551-8
- Ionia to Salamis. The Greeks of Asia Minor in the politics and political reflection of the motherland. (= Antiquitas , Volume 1.39), Bonn 1989, ISBN 3-7749-2414-7
- with Werner Eck : Slaves and freedmen in society during the Roman Empire. (= Texts on Research, Volume 61) Darmstadt 1993, ISBN 3-534-08593-0
- with Holger Komnick and Bernd Päffgen : The found coins of the Roman period in Germany, Volume VI 2/1 Aachen: District Council Düren, Erkelenz, Jülich. Mann, Berlin 2008, ISBN 978-3-8053-3935-3 .
- with Werner Eck, Matthäus Heil , Marietta Horster : Prosopographia Imperii Romani VIII 1. de Gruyter, Berlin and New York 2009, ISBN 978-3-11-020295-3 .
- with Werner Eck, Matthäus Heil, Klaus Wachtel : Prosopographia Imperii Romani VIII 2. de Gruyter, Berlin and New York 2015, ISBN 978-3-11-044623-4 .
- Literature by and about Johannes Heinrichs in the catalog of the German National Library
- Heinrich's employee page on the website of the University of Cologne
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 1, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Long suffering|