Dusse comes from a family of lawyers. After graduating from the Theodor-Heuss-Gymnasium in Essen, he served in the army and navy for one year each . He then studied law in Bonn and Lausanne and completed his legal clerkship in Bonn and Los Angeles. In 2003 Dusse was admitted to practice as a freelance lawyer in Bonn. Today he focuses on tenancy and property law.
Dusse was already working in the media industry when he was still a student, among other things as a cable carrier and heating-up in the run-up to TV productions. His interest in television had awakened Hans Meiser , whom he was allowed to accompany on Mallorca because of a WAZ campaign . Dusse later also worked as a radio presenter, including for SWR3 , and as a television writer. For example, he developed the casting show “ Millionärswahl ” broadcast on ProSieben .
Dusse became known nationwide as the street reporter “Wulf Assols” of the “ Freitag Nacht News ”, a comedy format of the TV station RTL. Further appearances followed, including in “ Anke Late Night ”, “ Judge Barbara Salesch ” and “ Verklag mich noch! ". His work as a lead author for “ Ladykracher ” and other formats was awarded the German Television Prize and the German Comedy Prize and was nominated for the Grimme Prize .
In recent years Dusse has worked primarily as a book author: In 2015, Piper Verlag published a “Handbook for the Rule of Law” under the title “Halbwissen eines Volljuristen”. Another entertaining non-fiction book followed in 2019 with “Getting Right: 15 Legal Stories You Can Use for Yourself”. In between (2017) Dusse wrote a collection of articles on the consequences of political populism on our society.
In 2019 Dusse published his first novel in Heyne Verlag , which the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, among others, described as an "exciting and funny crime debut". In “Mindful Murder”, a lawyer, at the insistence of his wife, completes mindfulness training to save his marriage and applies what he has learned to his life in an unusual way. The audio book, published by Random House Audio , received the German Audio Book Prize 2020.
- Half knowledge of a fully qualified lawyer . Rule of Law Handbook. Piper Verlag, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-492-30805-2 .
- Getting right: 15 legal stories you can use for yourself. Piper Verlag, Munich 2018, ISBN 978-3-492-31253-0 .
- Mindful killing . Heyne Verlag, Munich 2019, ISBN 978-3-453-43968-9 (audio book read by Matthias Matschke at Random House Audio).
- The child in me wants to murder mindfully . Heyne Verlag, Munich 2020, ISBN 978-3-453-42444-9 (audio book read by Karsten Dusse at Random House Audio).
- Literature by and about Karsten Dusse in the catalog of the German National Library
- Karsten Dusse in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Karsten Dusse at the Random House publishing group
- Karsten Dusse on the Marcel Hartges agency website
- The life of the lawyer Maps Dusse. In: VOX. April 26, 2013, accessed February 10, 2020 .
- Marianne Kolarik: With mindfulness to the Mafia boss . In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger . 2nd August 2019.
- Silke Heidenblut: “Ausaltert” - THG students give away sightseeing flights. In: Kettwig Kurier. July 22, 2013, accessed February 10, 2020 .
- Hagen Haas: How to Mindfully Murder . Karsten Dusse at Bücher Bartz. In: Bonner General-Anzeiger . June 28, 2019, p. 9 .
- Stefan Niggemeier: “Millionaire election” at ProSieben: Talent optional, bribery allowed. In: FAZ. January 9, 2014, accessed February 10, 2020 .
- Thorsten Schabelon: Karsten Dusse from Essen came up with ProSieben's “millionaire election”. In: WAZ. November 6, 2013, accessed February 10, 2020 .
- Humor is when you kill mindfully . In: Nordwest-Zeitung . Wesermarsch newspaper. September 27, 2019, p. 34 .
- Susanne Schramm: From the "Ladykracher" to the comical killer . In: Kölnische Rundschau . June 13, 2019, p. 12 .
- Birgit Schwarzenberger: Defend Freedom . In: Münchner Merkur . Garmisch-Partenkirchner Tagblatt. November 11, 2017, p. 9 .
- Bestseller paperback: "Mindful murder". In: book report. Retrieved February 10, 2020 .
- main thing is to be careful! In: Die Presse am Sonntag . June 2, 2019, p. 32 .
- Jury awards the German Audio Book Prize 2020. In: Buchreport. February 7, 2020, accessed October 10, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 30, 1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||eat|