|BE is the abbreviation for the canton of Bern in Switzerland and is used to avoid confusion with other entries in the name Kiental .|
|Canton :||Bern (BE)|
|Administrative district :||Frutigen-Niedersimmental|
|Residential municipality :||Reichenbach in the Kandertal|
|Postal code :||3723|
View of the village of Kiental
The Kiental is traversed by the Chiene and is located northeast of the Kandertal , to which it runs roughly parallel. The village of Kiental lies above the village of Reichenbach and below the Griesalp . It is bordered on the side by the Dreispitz , Gehrihorn and Ärmighorn mountains. The Dündefall is in the valley .
Most of the local farmers are livestock farmers. Tourism also plays an important economic role.
From Reichenbach, Kiental is connected to the local public transport network by post bus . The steepest postbus line in Europe (28% in the Pochtenschlucht) continues from Kiental to Griesalp . There is a chairlift from the village to Ramslauenen.
From April 25th to 30th, 1916 the Second Conference of the International Socialists took place in the Hotel Bären in Kiental - disguised as a tourist event . a. Lenin , Zinoviev , Robert Grimm and Angelica Balabanova attended.
sport and freetime
In addition to several playgrounds, there is a tennis court that is used as an ice rink in winter. The road to Ramslauenen is used as a toboggan run in winter. In winter there is a children's lift in the valley and a drag lift on Ramslauenen.
Primary classes used to be taught in the school building. The school was closed due to insufficient number of pupils. Today the schoolhouse is used by various local associations and as an event location. The Kientalerhof offers various recognized training courses in the field of body work.
The Kiental is the starting point for high mountain hikes and mountain tours, e.g. B. over the Hohtürli to Kandersteg or to the summit of the Blüemlisalp . The whitewater path and the valley path lead to whirlpools and waterfalls. A power plant project that would have endangered these natural beauties has not been implemented.
- Kiental Reichenbach Tourism
- Reichenbach municipality in Kandertal
- Switzerland Tourism - Kiental website
- Kiental - Switzerland Tourism Switzerland Tourism website. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- Kiental – Griesalp line ( Memento from October 13, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Website of PostBus Schweiz AG. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- Bernard Degen: Kiental Conference. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . November 28, 2017. Retrieved September 22, 2012 .
- Ramslauenen in winter . Website of the Ramslauenen chairlift. Retrieved September 22, 2012.