Klaus Lieb studied human medicine and philosophy at the Universities of Ulm , Tübingen and Los Angeles from 1985 to 1992 . After his dissertation as Dr. med. he became an assistant doctor or research assistant in the departments of internal medicine I and anatomy and cell biology at the University of Ulm . From 1994 to 1999 he worked as a research assistant in the departments of psychiatry and psychotherapy as well as neurology at the Freiburg University Medical Center , where he qualified as a professor in 1999 in psychiatry. In 2001 he became Senior Consultant and Deputy Director of the Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the Freiburg University Medical Center. Since 2007 he has been director of the Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the Mainz University Medical Center. Since 2014 he has also been Scientific Director of the Leibniz Institute for Resilience Research in Mainz.
He is chairman of the Technical Committee "Transparency and independence" within the Drug Commission of the German Medical Association and a regular member of the advisory board Psychotherapy of the German Medical Association .
The focus of his scientific work is clinical resilience research , "cognitive enhancement" and brain doping as well as therapy response prediction in affective disorders. He also researches conflicts of interest in medical clinics and research.
Lieb is a co-founder of the MEZIS eV (My Food I Pay) initiative and was its chairman from 2007 to 2011. With his participation, comprehensive guidelines for limiting the influence of the pharmaceutical industry on medical work were implemented at the Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the Mainz University Medical Center.
- Hormosan Research Prize Psychiatry 2003 of the German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology (endowed with 10,000 euros)
- Golden Helix Award 2004
- University professor of the year 2013
- Hamburg Prize for Personality Disorders 2013
- K. Lieb, S. Frauenknecht, S. Brunnhuber: Intensive course in psychiatry and psychotherapy . Elsevier - Urban & Fischer, Munich, 8th edition, 2015
- K. Lieb, B. Heßlinger, G. Jacob: 50 cases of psychiatry and psychotherapy . Elsevier - Urban & Fischer, 5th edition, 09/2016
- K. Lieb, Klemperer D, Ludwig WD (Hrsg.): Conflicts of interest in medicine. Background and possible solutions . Springer, 1st edition (2011)
- Klaus Lieb, the new head of the Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy , on unimedizin-mainz.de, accessed on June 2, 2020
- Leibniz Institute for Resilience Research (LIR) , on leibniz-gemeinschaft.de, accessed on June 2, 2020
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Lieb , on akdae.de
- Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Lieb , on mezis.de
- Declaration of Conflicts of Interest , on unimedizin-mainz.de
- Dealing with the pharmaceutical industry , on unimedizin-mainz.de
- Guidelines for visits by representatives , on unimedizin-mainz.de
- Guidelines for drug studies , on unimedizin-mainz.de
- Guidelines for the financing of advanced training events in the clinic , on unimedizin-mainz.de
- Awards , on aerzteblatt.de
- GOLDEN HELIX AWARD 2004 , on vkd-online.de
- University professor of the year 2013 , on hochschulverband.de
- The 2013 winners , on geps.info
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychiatrist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sevelen|