|Little Wannsee, view from the Wannsee bridge|
|Tributaries||( Teltow Canal ) Pohlesee or Großer Wannsee|
|Drain||Großer Wannsee or Pohlesee (Teltow Canal)|
|width||up to 160 m|
|Maximum depth||4 m|
The Kleine Wannsee is located in the south of the Berlin district of Steglitz-Zehlendorf in the Wannsee district , southwest of the Wannsee bridge. As part of the federal waterway Griebnitz Canal , which is legally part of the Teltow Canal , it represents the connection between the Großer Wannsee and the Pohlesee . It is delimited to the Pohlesee by the Wehrhorn peninsula . The water mainly flows from the Teltow Canal via the Kleiner Wannsee into the Großer Wannsee, but also vice versa. The Berlin Waterways and Shipping Office is responsible .
Alongside the Kleist grave and a few rowing clubs, there are predominantly representative properties on heavily greened land on the bank. Since the respective riverside properties are private property, there is no publicly accessible riverside path.
Before installation of 1869 by the banker Wilhelm Conrad realized Villenkolonie Als Kleine Wannsee carried along with the Pohlesee the name Stolp MOORISH hole or tripping hole - after the western village of Stolpe . Because of this unrepresentative name, the name was changed, with the lake then known as Wannsee becoming the Great Wannsee .
The grave of Heinrich von Kleist and Henriette Vogel is located below Bismarckstrasse on the Kleiner Wannsee. It was redesigned after a competition announced by the German Federal Cultural Foundation . Thanks to a donation from the Berlin publisher Ruth Cornelsen ( Cornelsen Kulturstiftung ) and grants from the Federal Culture Foundation and the Berlin Senate , the tomb and its surroundings were renovated on the 200th anniversary of Kleist's death in 2011 and equipped with information boards. The granite tombstone erected in 1936 and a wrought-iron knee-high iron grille as a fence have been preserved.
At the Kleiner Wannsee there are the following four rowing clubs in the direction of the Pohlesee towards the Großer Wannsee:
- Schoolgirls rowing association at the small Wannsee e. V.
- Astoria rowing community (i. D. Berlin gymnastics club )
- Berlin rowing club
- School Rowing Association Wannsee e. V.
- Rudolf Kloos: lakes, ponds, park waters. Description and renovation concepts. Senator for Urban Development and Environmental Protection, Berlin 1985, p. 33 f.
- Kleiner Wannsee at www.seen.de
- Directory E, Ser. No. 57 of the Chronicle ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Federal Waterways and Shipping Administration
- Heinrich von Kleist's grave is being redesigned. In: Hamburger Abendblatt , November 23, 2009, p. 6.
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of October 8, 2010, p. 34
- Berliner Morgenpost of November 21, 2011
- Welcome to the SRVaW website. In: www.srv-wannsee.de. Retrieved October 10, 2016 .
- Astoria rowing community. In: www.astoria-rudergemeinschaft.de. Retrieved August 10, 2016 .
- Berlin Rowing Club. In: www.berliner-ruder-club.de. Retrieved October 10, 2016 .
- Rowing Association Wannsee e. V. In: https://srv-berlin.de . Retrieved October 10, 2016 .