His name Wimpina comes from the fact that his family had citizenship in the imperial city of Wimpfen . There he was also a convent brother and lecturer in the Wimpfen Dominican monastery before he enrolled at the University of Leipzig in 1479 , where he acquired the academic degree of Master of the Seven Liberal Arts in 1485 . He then studied theology and was admitted to theological lectures in 1491. In 1494 he was first rector of Leipzig University, then dean of the artist faculty. On April 2, 1496 he received in Merseburg the priesthood . On January 5, 1503, he received his doctorate in theology in Leipzig, was founding rector of the Brandenburg University of Frankfurt in 1505 and co-author of the Confutatio , the Catholic response to the Protestant Augsburg Confession of 1530.
In his honor an epitaph was set in the Buchen town church of St. Oswald.
- Remigius Bäumer : Konrad Wimpina (1460–1531) . In: Erwin Iserloh (Ed.): Catholic theologians of the Reformation period (= KLK: Association publications of the society for the publication of the Corpus Catholicorum. Volume 3). Part 4. Aschendorff, Münster 1987, ISBN 3-402-03346-1 , pp. 7-17.
- Adolf Brecher : Wimpina, Konrad . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 43, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1898, pp. 330-335.
- Walther Killy : Literature Lexicon : Authors and works in the German language (15 volumes). Bertelsmann-Lexikon-Verlag, Gütersloh / Munich 1988–1991 (CD-ROM: Berlin 1998, ISBN 3-932544-13-7 ).
- Klemens Löffler: Konrad Wimpina . In: Catholic Encyclopedia , Volume 15, Robert Appleton Company, New York 1912.
- Josef Negwer: Konrad Wimpina: a Catholic theologian from the time of the Reformation . Breslau 1909 ( online ; reprint: Nieuwkoop 1967).
- Wimpina, Conrad or Conrad von Wimpfen. In: Johann Heinrich Zedler : Large complete universal lexicon of all sciences and arts . Volume 57, Leipzig 1748, columns 412-419.
- Short biography in museum-viadrina.de
- Literature by and about Konrad Wimpina in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Konrad Wimpina in the German Digital Library
- Publications by and about Konrad Wimpina in VD 16 .
- Ludwig Frohnhäuser: History of the imperial city of Wimpfen, the knight's monastery of St. Peter in Wimpfen im Thal, the Dominican monastery and the hospital for the Holy Spirit in Wimpfen am Berg. Historischer Verein, Darmstadt 1870, p. 152/153 ( digitized version ).
- Magister Conradus Coci de Wimpinaw . In: Georg Buchwald (Hrsg.): The register of the Hochstift Merseburg 1469–1558 . Weimar 1926, p. 51
- Thomas Kaufmann: History of the Reformation . Verlag der Welteligionen, Frankfurt am Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-458-71024-0 , p. 826.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Koch, Konrad (real name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German humanist and Roman Catholic theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1460|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Beeches (Odenwald)|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 17, 1531|
|Place of death||Amorbach|