Korbovo main square
|Residents :||735 (2011)|
|Telephone code :||(+381) 019|
|Postal code :||19329|
|License plate :||KL|
|Structure and administration|
|Mayor :||Predrag Đorđević|
Korbovo is one of the largest villages in the Ključ region. The village is on the remains of an early Neolithic settlement . Traces of settlement have also been found from the early Iron Age and ancient times . The remains of an ancient (presumably Roman ) city have been discovered on the banks of the Danube.
In the 17th and early 18th centuries, cholera raged in the Ključ and Timočka Krajina regions, with Korbovo being the hardest hit and many deaths in the village.
During a plague epidemic , many residents moved away and founded a new village on the opposite side of the Danube, called Ostrova Korbova , the residents returned later. The village of Ostrovu Corbului still exists today and politically belongs to Romania. Today's Korbovo was renewed at the beginning of the 18th century by new settlers from Wallachia and the neighboring villages. In 1723 the village consisted of 96 houses and was called Korbov .
Geography and population
The population of the village professes to the Serbian Orthodox Churches and is mainly of Serbian ethnicity. It lives, but also a small Wallachian minority in the place. Korbovo has been experiencing a decline in population that has persisted for decades, while at the 2011 census, only 735 people lived in the village, compared with 1,892 people in 1948. The village consists of 378 households.
There are two Serbian Orthodox churches in Korbovo . The Church of St. Venerable Mother Petka Paraskeva, of an unknown date of construction. And the newer church of St. Apostles Peter and Paul , built between 1932 and 1937. The churches belong to the Ključ deanery of the Timok Eparchy of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
Korbovo has a post office.
- Veljko Ramadanović (1874–1943), Serbian educator and social worker
- Page about the churches in the village on the side of the Timok Eparchy , (Serbian)
- Information about the history of the village on the Korbovo page , (Serbian)
- Књига 9, Становништво, упоредни преглед броја становника 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981, 1991, 2002, подаци по насељима, Републички завод за статистику, Београд, мај 2004, ISBN 86-84433-14-9
- Књига 1, Становништво, национална или етничка припадност, подаци по насељима, Репувништво, Репувништво, Репунак, Бурорс33, ISBN , .86,
- Књига 2, Становништво, пол и старост, подаци по насељима, Републички завод за стататистику, Беогеима, ISBN 86, Стататистику,