Okrug Bor

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Okrug Bor
Округ Бор
Borski Okrug
Борскі округ
Bor district
Okrug Zapadna Bačka Okrug Severna Bačka Okrug Severni Banat Okrug Srednji Banat Okrug Južni Banat Okrug Južna Bačka Okrug Srem Okrug Pčinja Okrug Jablanica Okrug Pirot Okrug Toplica Okrug Zaječar Nišavski okrug Okrug Rasina Okrug Raška Okrug Zlatibor Okrug Moravica Okrug Šumadija Okrug Podunavlje Okrug Kolubara Belgrad Okrug Mačva Okrug Bor Okrug Braničevo Okrug Pomoravlje Okrug Peć Okrug Kosovo Okrug Kosovo-Pomoravlje Okrug Prizren Okrug Kosovska Mitrovica Okrug Kosovo-Pomoravljemap
About this picture
Main information
Part of the country Central Serbia
Administrative headquarters boron
surface 3,507 km²
Population ( 2011 ) 124.992
Population density 35.6 inhabitants / km²
ISO 3166-2 RS-14
Schematic map of the districts in the district

The Okrug Bor ( Cyrillic : Округ Бор ), often also called Borski Okrug (Cyrillic: Борски округ ), is an okrug (dt. District) in eastern Serbia . The administrative capital is the city of Bor in the Opština Bor of the same name .


The municipalities and their administrative cities in the Bor district:

local community Serbian name Administrative headquarters
boron Opština Bor / Општина Бор boron
Kladovo Opština Kladovo / Општина Кладово Kladovo
Majdanpek Opština Majdanpek / Општина Мајданпек Majdanpek
Negotin Opština Negotin / Општина Неготин Negotin

Geographical data

The Bor district has an area of ​​3,507 km², only 33% of which are flat, the remaining 67% are mountains. Rivers flowing through it are Danube , Timok , Porečka , Kosovica and the smaller Jasenička Reka .


The population of the entire district is 124,992.

Culture and tourism

This district is known for its historical and cultural heritage.

It houses one of the largest palaces of Prince Aleksandar Karađorđević I from 1856, which also served as Miloš Obrenović's quarters . The daserdap hydropower plant is also located on the border with this district.

Another highlight is the Mokranjcevi Dani festival in the town of Negotin, named after Stevan Mokranjac , a famous Serbian composer.

There are many hiking trails, especially in the municipalities of Kladovo and Negotin.


Agriculture in this district is an important economic factor.

On the outskirts of the city of Bor there is also one of the largest copper mines in Europe, the exploitation of which began in 1904. Over the decades, clear indications have emerged that the mine was already used for copper extraction in ancient times .

There are also numerous gold deposits in the Bor district, but the fineness is only a small part high enough to be used as jewelry gold .

Another big employer is the chemical industry in Prahovo . However, like many other companies, it is in a poor financial position.

Web links