Lasse Becker (born March 17, 1983 in Kassel ) is a German politician ( FDP ) and was national chairman of the youth organization Junge Liberale from 2010 to 2013 . From 2011 to 2013 he was a member of the FDP federal executive board and then from 2014 to 2017 deputy state chairman of the FDP Hessen.
Life and work
Becker grew up in Schauenburg in the Kassel district. After attending primary school in Elgershausen , he moved to the old-language Friedrichsgymnasium (FG) in Kassel in 1993, where he graduated from high school in 2002.
After his community service studied Becker from October 2003 to February 2009 Economics at the Georg-August University in Göttingen . He finished his studies in spring 2009 with a degree in economics . From 2008 to 2011 he worked at the University of Göttingen on a project aimed at networking between doctoral candidates and companies. In 2015 he received his doctorate with his doctoral thesis on the effect of federal structures in state innovation promotion .
Since 2015 he has been working for a medium-sized company in the tool industry in Burgwald, currently as Vice President for the Industrial Tools product segment in Europe and Asia and Managing Director of the subsidiary Dronco in Wunsiedel.
At the beginning of 2000, Becker joined the Young Liberals in Kassel and was a member of them until his retirement in 2019. He then got involved in various positions of the Young Liberals ( JuLis ) and the FDP Kassel-Land .
In 2001 he was the youngest local politician in Hesse to move up to the district council of the Kassel district. From 2001 to 2006, Becker was responsible for education and culture and regional reform in the FDP district parliamentary group . In 2006 and 2011 he was re-elected to the district council.
Becker was state chairman of the Hessian Young Liberals from 2004 to 2009 and since 2005 also an elected state board member of the FDP Hessen. Becker ran for the state parliament in 2008 and 2009, but he voluntarily took the last position on the list, because at this point he first wanted to finish his studies and not work as a professional politician.
In 2010 he was elected chairman of the Young Liberals at the Federal Congress in Bonn and re-elected in April 2011 and March 2012. He also worked on the new basic program of the FDP, which was adopted in 2013.
In October 2013 he announced that he would resign as JuLis chairman at the next federal congress. His successor was Alexander Hahn .
Viewpoints and controversies
Becker himself claims to have become politically active because of the education and European policy. For example, he represents the demand for a European federal state as a long-term perspective for the EU. In doing so, however, he emphasizes the idea of subsidiarity and advocates a relocation of competencies back to the national level if the tasks can be carried out more sensibly there. He is a member of the Young European Federalists .
Becker maintains a controversial style programmatically and also took a clear position on personal matters in the FDP. He was perceived for his sharply negative position against the minimum wage at the FDP federal party conference in May 2013. Even as the Hessian state chairman, Becker had successfully campaigned against the attitude of the FDP leadership for the abolition of tuition fees for the first degree and against clandestine online searches.
- Lasse - Lasse Becker - Freedom is an attitude to life and I like to live it. Accessed August 30, 2019 (German).
- http://www.julis.de/kommunikation/presse/pressemitteilungen/pressemitteilungen/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=3032&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=285&cHash=567d811df05789c8496239159318c9ff&PHPSESSID=3879b03b90edf4ba5502d3e2840d29af (link not available)
- resignation ( memento of October 29, 2013 in the Internet Archive )
- Dietmar Neuerer: FDP youngsters oppose party leadership. In: handelsblatt.com. March 9, 2013, accessed December 14, 2014 .
- PITT OF EARTHQUAKE CASTLE: Hesse: All against tuition fees. In: fr-online.de. December 14, 2014, archived from the original on December 24, 2013 ; accessed on December 14, 2014 .
- Ralf Euler: Westerwelle even sees a left-wing virus in the CDU. In: FAZ.net . October 28, 2007, archived from the original on December 25, 2014 ; accessed on December 14, 2014 .
- Pitt von Bebenburg: Portrait: In Guido's footsteps. In: fr-online.de. April 13, 2010, accessed December 14, 2014 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (FDP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 17, 1983|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||kassel|