List of application servers
This list contains application servers such as those used in (web) applications.
- Apache Geronimo - Java EE compliant application server of the Apache Software Foundation
- Apache Tomcat - Web server of the Apache Software Foundation for JavaServer Pages (JSP) and servlets
- ColdFusion - oldest application server
- JBoss EAP - one from the company Red Hat commercialized Java EE application server in Subscriptionmodell
- GlassFish - Java EE compliant open source application server based on the SUN application server
- JOnAS - J ava O pe n A pplication S erver, an open source implementation of an application server for the Java EE standard
- Oracle Application Server - Java EE compliant application server from Oracle
- Open Liberty - Java EE and MicroProfile compliant application server. Commercial version see WebSphere.
- Resin - Java and PHP5 application server with servlet container, developed by Caucho Technology
- WebLogic - a Java EE compliant application server developed by BEA Systems , now Oracle WebLogic Server 11g
- WEBrick - a Ruby based application server
- WebSphere - Java EE compliant application server from IBM , formerly integrated Apache Geronimo in the Community Edition. Today Open Liberty is the open source version of the commercial WebSphere Liberty version.
- WebObjects - an application server developed by NeXT in Objective-C and later continued by Apple as a Java application.
- Wildfly - one from the company JBoss displaced open source Java EE application server
- Wt (WebToolkit) - a C ++ based application server toolkit that allows the development of complete Ajax applications (Fast-CGI or standalone) in C ++ .
- XSPD - e X tended S erver P ages D aemon, application servers based on C for C ++ , C, Java and shell scripts
The list of certified Java EE application servers can be viewed on the Oracle website.
- Java EE Compatibility ( English ) Oracle. Retrieved August 18, 2019.