Lola (first name)
Lola is the Spanish and English short form of the female given name Dolores .
Origin and meaning
In German-speaking the short form "Lola" is often associated with the main character of the German film The Blue Angel by Josef Sternberg (1929/1930) with Marlene Dietrich associated in the main roll, in which the "dashing Lola" as Femme fatal to Professor debris in leads to the terrible but "deserved" ruin. There are also memories of the infamous seductress and impostor Lola Montez , an Irish dancer and lover of King Ludwig I of Bavaria.
- Lola Albright (1924-2017), American actress and singer
- Lola Astanova (* 1982), Uzbek-American pianist
- Lola Bach (* around 1900), German nude dancer of the 1920s
- Lola Beltrán (1932–1996), origin. María Lucila Beltrán Ruiz , Mexican singer and actress
- Lola Braccini (1889–1969), Italian actress
- Lola Créton (* 1993 in Paris), French actress
- Lola Cueto (1897–1978), Mexican painter, graphic artist, doll maker and player
- Lola Dueñas (* 1971), Spanish actress
- Lola Flores (1923–1995), origin. María Dolores Flores Ruiz , Spanish singer, flamenco dancer and actress
- Lola Glaudini (* 1971), American actress
- Lola Humm-Sernau (1895–1990), German translator, Lion Feuchtwanger's secretary
- Lola Karimova (* 1978), Uzbek politician, diplomat and entrepreneur
- Lola Kirke (* 1990), British-American actress
- Lola Landau (1892–1990), origin. Leonore Landau , German writer of Jewish origin
- Lola Le Lann (* 1996), French actress
- Lola Montez (1821–1861), origin. Elizabeth Rosanna Gilbert , Irish dancer, mistress of King Ludwig I of Bavaria, by him for the Countess Marie of Landsfeld charged
- Lola Müthel (1919–2011), German actress
- Lola Paltinger (* 1972), German fashion designer, "Trachtenmode-Queen"
- Lola Rodríguez de Tió (1843–1924), origin. Dolores Rodríguez de Astudillo y Ponce de León , Puerto Rican poet
- Lola (disambiguation)