Marc Frey (born September 28, 1963 in Heidelberg ) is a German historian and university professor , holder of the chair for modern history and contemporary history with special consideration of international relations at the faculty for political and social sciences of the University of the Bundeswehr Munich in Neubiberg and dean of studies Faculty.
Marc Frey studied Medieval and Modern History , Anglo-American History, English and Dutch Studies from 1986 to 1992 at the Universities of Cologne , Calgary and Nijmegen . In 1996 he received his doctorate and in 2004 his habilitation at the University of Cologne. In 2011 he accepted a professorship for international history at Jacobs University Bremen and in August 2013 he moved to the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Munich.
For his book Decolonization in Southeast Asia. The United States and the dissolution of the European colonial empires Frey received the gold medal in the competition “The Historical Book 2007” from the historians' association “Humanities. Social and cultural history ”.
Frey's research interests include American history, international relations in the 19th and 20th centuries, American foreign relations in the 20th century, decolonization after 1945, and development policy and theories of German-Dutch relations .
- History of the Vietnam War . CH Beck, Munich 1998, 9th edition 2010.
- Italian translation: Storia della guerra in Vietnam . Einaudi, Torino 2008.
- Decolonization in Southeast Asia. The United States and the Dissolution of the European Colonial Empires . Oldenbourg, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-486-58035-3 .
- with Lothar Hönnighausen, James Peacock (Ed.): Regionalism in the Age of Globalism . Volume 1: Concepts of Regionalism. University of Wisconsin Press, Madison 2005, ISBN 0-924119-12-8 .
- with Ronald Pruessen, Tan Tai Yong (Ed.): The Transformation of Southeast Asia. International Perspectives on Decolonization. Sharpe, Armonk, NY et al. 2003, ISBN 0-7656-1139-2 .
- Jürgen Heideking , Christof Mauch (ed.); Marc Frey (Ass.): American Intelligence and the German Resistance to Hitler. A Documentary History. Westview Press, Boulder / CO 1996, ISBN 0-8133-2687-7 .
- Official website of Professor Frey: https://www.unibw.de/geschichte/prof/neueste/pers/frey , accessed on October 24, 2018.
- Literature by and about Marc Frey in the catalog of the German National Library
- jacobs-university.de , accessed on April 2, 2013
- ^ Vademecum of the historical sciences , 10th edition, 2012/2013, Steiner, Stuttgart 2012.
- ^ Website at the University of the Federal Armed Forces in Munich.
- ^ Book award for Jacobs Professor Marc Frey. Retrieved April 2, 2013 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 28, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heidelberg|